Chapter 15 - Over

Zooey is sitting on the doorstep, hugging herself. She glanced at her watch and it's already 10 pm. She sighed as she's been waiting in front of Marley's house for 3 hours. Suddenly, a black car stopped in front of the house. Zooey quickly stood up and fixes her jacket. A girl came out from the front passenger's seat.

Marley.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Marley said sweetly to the man in the car.

"I'll pick you up." Sean said.

Marley smiled and nodded.

"Goodnight, sweet dreams." Sean said.

"You too Sean." Marley replied.

Sean drives away, while Marley stood there watching until the car is out of her sight.

"Who is he?"  Marley was startled by the sudden voice as she thought she was alone.

Zooey stared at Marley.

"Zooey? What are you doing here?"

"I want to meet you and the only way is to wait for you at your house."

Marley looked away, uneasy. "Why..do you want to meet me?"

Zooey stared at Marley in disbelief. "Well..because you were suddenly disappear from my life! No warning, no reason, nothing! You just leave!"

Marley looked down, her expression was unreadable.

"And I didn't even know that you joined Star agency, why didn't you tell me?" Zooey continues to shoot her with questions.

Marley keeps silent.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!" Zooey snapped.

Marley finally looked up and stared at Zooey.

"Isn't it obvious?"

"What?!"

"We're over."

Zooey stared at Marley, speechless. This can't be right..

"What..what is that supposed to mean?" Zooey asked, stuttering.

Marley bit her lip. "We can't be, Zooey. We just can't." 

Zooey continued to stares at Marley, her heart hurts. So bad.

"WHY?!" Zooey shouted.

"Because..because I can't be with someone who makes me feel small all the time! Who's always better than me! And can't be there for me.."