30

Y/N POV

As much as the girls were urging me to sing a song to Camila and then ask her to the winter ball, I felt like that would be too extra for just a dance, so I decided I'll just ask her tonight with a rose, sounds sweet and simple.

"Y/N! You gotta come see this!" Calum came running in late for band rehearsals.

I gave Michael a questioning look as I placed my guitar on the guitar stand.

"C'mon you slow coach! Hurry the fuck up!" Calum started clapping his hands signalling me to hurry up.

Calum then started running somehow knowing Michael and I were running right behind him, as we ran closer to the cafeteria I noticed how it seemed like it was dead silent in there. Calum, Michael and I burst through the cafeteria doors like we were in a sci-fi movie, I felt kinda cool how everyone turned their eyes to us, but that feeling was long forgotten when I saw Austin standing in front of my girlfriend with one rose in his hand and hopeful eyes boring into my girlfriend's eyes, I immediately knew he asked her to the dance, Austin's crew were at the back not doing much, but I felt like they were part of the whole scene.

I awkwardly cleared my throat catching Camila's and Austin's attention. Camila's eyes went from to dreadful to thankful as she ran over to me immediately wrapping her arms around my waist, Austin just looked like he wanted to kill me.

"What I don't understand is that you already know Camila has a girlfriend and you still continued to asked her out to the winter ball, what were you trying to achieve Austin?" I bitterly spat feeling agitated with his stupid games.

"She can be confused Y/N! Ben didn't do a good job with her! She needs a real man to show her-"

"Finish your sentence Mahone I fucking dare you," Camila's ex-boyfriend growled in Austin's face, which took the school's cafeteria by surprise.

"Ben, what the fuck man? You're suppose to be against Y/N, not me!" Austin exclaimed.

That then began to break out into a huge argument that Austin's crew, Calum, Michael, Dinah and Normani joined into. Lauren stood on the side trying not to laugh while Ally tried to break everyone up.

Before anything could happen I pulled Camila out of the cafeteria and just made my way to my car with Camila clinging onto me like her life depended on it, I lifted her onto the hood of my car and grabbed her hands before speaking up.

"Well, that was quiet the experience," I forced out a chuckle to break the ice.

"You know, that wouldn't of happened if you just asked me to dance already?" Camila had a smug smile making me roll my eyes.

"Chill, I was gonna ask tonight-"

"'Was gonna' !? Ha no, you are asking tonight," my girlfriend's feisty side came out.

"Then that's just going to ruin the surprise!" I exclaimed.

"I don't care," she shrugged her shoulders.

"So what exactly did happen in there?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Uh, one of his friends had a speaker with him and they played With You by Chris Brown and he slowly walked up to me while singing along with a rose in his hand, and at the end of the song he asked me to the winter ball," she awkwardly explained, "then that's when you, Calum and Michael came in."

"Oh," I gulped feeling like I had to top that.

"You know, if you ask me here right now I would be fine with that, right?" She placed her hands on the side of my face to make sure I was looking at her.

I just gave her a small smile and nodded my head yes.

"I have something else to talk about," she said, "where have you, Calum and Michael been sneaking off to at recess and lunch? I barely ever see you any more."

Me playing at the winter ball is a surprise, so I couldn't really tell her.

"It's a secret," I vaguely answered making her frown.

"We've never discussed this before, but I think there should be no secrets in this relationship if you want it to work," she let go of my face and crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Mila, you'll find out soon okay?" I looked at her gently hoping that she'll trust me.

"Well can it hurry up? I've missed you, I barely see you anymore cause of this 'secret'," she made quotation marks with her hand.

I softly smiled and leaned in to kiss her.

"It's coming up soon okay? It's not that far off," I assured her.

"I swear Y/N, if it ends up being that you have another girlfriend I will kill you," she joked making me howl out in laughter.

"Do you really think I'm capable of cheating? Me? The most awkwardest kid you'll ever come across?" I continued to laugh. 

My girlfriend just shook her head giggling and I couldn't help but notice how perfect the sunlight was hitting her face, it was quiet magical.

"Do I have something on my face?" She asked due to me staring at her for a long time.

I shook my head no and leaned in for a kiss completely taking her by surprise, she ran her hands through my hair while I lightly wrapped my arms around her waist stepping in between her legs, letting me shorten the distance between our bodies. 

"You wanna go to the dance with me?" I suddenly asked as we pulled away.

She broke out into a fit of giggles and pulled me in for another kiss still giggling telling me it was a yes.

She was happy, even though I didn't pull a grand gesture like Austin did, she was still happy.

"Gosh, I've been waiting for you to ask for so long," she dramatically stated.

"You're even lucky I'm considering going to this dance just for you, I don't dance Cabello," I narrowed my eyes at her.

"But you would do anything to see me happy? Right?" She grinned widely while poking my cheeks.

"Hell no, find you're own happiness Karla," I joked while lightly pushing her face away.

She hit my shoulder telling me not to her call her by her first name, but then became serious.

"I did find my own happiness, I found you," she looked into my eyes delicately and lightly brushed her thumb against in my cheek, I smiled feeling an euphoric feeling burst in my heart, but of course my immature side wouldn't let me enjoy this corny but cute moment with her her.

"Wow Camila, I don't know how you said that without cringing so hard," I held in my laugh as she started hitting my arm, "can't you let me be sweet for once!? I'm trying to be romantic and of course you had to ruin such a moment with your childish self!" She yelled out, with me on the side laughing my ass off.

She can go from loving to a feisty Latina, I love it.

==
Not proofread.