35

Not proofread.

Y/N's POV

It's 10 o'clock at night on Christmas Eve and I'm here in the cold on Camila's lawn outside her window as Dinah, Normani, Ally, Calum and Michael help set everything up. Lauren just stood around on her phone not speaking to me, she's still being a little bitch, but I don't blame her.

"Is it too late to back out?" I asked while nervously rubbing my cold hands together.

"Do you want her back?" Dinah asked as she went to heat up the car.

"I never lost her," I said.

"But you were close to losing her," that's the first thing Lauren had said to me.

I flipped her off, but she just flashed me a sarcastic smile.

"This idea just seems really cliche, corny and it would only happened in a pathetic romantic movie," I groaned.

"You're with a girl who's all about the hopeless sappy romantic shit, why do you think I suggested this?" Calum spoke to me like I was dumb, "even though, you're relationship is cliche and corny, so shut it," Michael called out.

"The fuck? It is not," I furrowed my eyebrows feeling offended he called my relationship with Camila cliche and corny.

They all looked at me (including Lauren) with facial expressions that says 'yeah right' sarcastically.

"What? We're nothing close to cliche and corny," I scoffed.

"Let's take a look, Camila the most popular girl in school dates the most quiet reserved girl who no one really knows about, that's cliche," Michael chuckled.

"You took her to a carnival on your first date, that's cliche," Normani piped up.

"I've read your text messages with her, it's corny," Dinah raised her left eyebrow at me.

"I bet you guys have a special secret place," Calum scoffed.

"You seem to play every instrument out there with an amazing voice and you've got good looks, you also play sports and still isn't recognised by the whole school, yeah seems pretty cliche to me," Ally couldn't help but giggle.

"Face it Y/N, you're relationship is based of a book or movie," that's the first time Lauren talked to me without being an asshole.

"Well I don't see it," I nonchalantly shrugged.

They all just laughed and shook their heads at me. Even Lauren.

"Okay you're all set, we've already talked to her parents and the neighbours about the noise, so don't worry about being too loud," Calum clapped his hands as he plugged in the keyboard to speaker. "Alright, go get your girl," he patted my shoulder with a massive smile before jogging to the car with the rest.

I looked back at the car with tinted windows where the rest were sitting and watching, and mouthed wish me luck before cracking my knuckles and playing the intro to Fool For You by Zayn Malik.

I saw Camila's blinds open up to see her looking down at me in curiosity and slight anger/annoyance.

This love is tainted
I need you and I hate it
You're caught between a dream and a movie scene
In a way, you know what I mean

When the dark turns to mist
I just can't resist it

'Cause I'm a fool for you
And the things you do
I'm a fool for you
And the things, the things you do
The things you do, the things you do