5/6/17 Show

Let's just say the rain and the flooding helped me at the show. Now if that sounds weird let's just say not a lot of people actually came. That did make the odds go in my favor though, (see what I did there). I left there with the most points I've ever left a central show with that was won in one show. All together we got 8 points, 2 3rds, and 1 4th. That makes our total points hit 12 points, which is way over half of what we won all of last year at 9 horse shows. The day even started out well instead of our normal I'm gonna run even if you don't have anything. I actually got, I'm gonna walk up to you and get caught. So she was an easy catch. She loaded easy. Then when we got to the show she was being a good girl. We started out with exhibition flags and didn't stick it as our tack had some problems. Then we ran Jr. Flags and ran a pretty slow time but we stuck it. I placed fourth, so I now have 2 points in flags. Next we had keyhole and my run was really slow for me, as I ran a 13.9 (this is embarrassingly slow for me but I thought I stepped the line.) So I came third in keyhole which makes our total keyhole points 6, and I think when you add together this show and the last show that'll put me in 2nd overall for now. I say that's a good way to started the season. Then we ran exhibition poles, and we ran I think a 30.7 + 5.0 (for those of you who are confused we hit a pole.) So I mean other than the fact that we hit a pole that was one of our fastest times. Well then Buckaroo Poles came along and . . . WE RAN A 29!!!!!! And guys I know that, that isn't that good but it's our fastest! Plus the arena is big compared to a normal rodeo arena, so we make our pattens big. We now have a new record!! That 29 made us come in third place making our total pole points 4. Then we had a pretty slow Jr. speed run but I was trying something new, and I hurt my hip, (not very badly though.) Lastly we had both Exhibition barrels and Buckaroo, which we ran wide on the left barrel on both times and we're gonna try going left first next time as in my head I'm getting ready to go left but then I'm like wait we go right. We didn't place as we ran a 23 (yeah it was definitely not a good run, but we were having a moment that started right before Jr. Speed and she just wouldn't be as good afterwards.) Also I stood up on her multiple times!