Q&As!!

These questions were summited by lenalou123

1. Q: Post current photos of all your horses and what you are planning to do with them

A: All of these were taken with the last 3 to 4 months except Spunky's which is a little over a year old but she's only really changed in her mane is and a winter coat.
Spunky:
Spunky is my main mount who my whole account is centered around. She is a 19 year old registered paint horse. Within the next few years a plan to retire her to a lighter lifestyle than being my main barrel horse. I might even try to get a foal out of her during that time, it just depends, but I do have a liking for her bloodline.

 I might even try to get a foal out of her during that time, it just depends, but I do have a liking for her bloodline

Jazzy:
Jazzy is my project horse. She is a 7 or 8 year old grade paint made. My plans with her are to turn her into some sort of show horse whether it be speed or other, but most likely it'll be speechless. I also might have some news about her, but we won't be sure until the end of the month.

 I also might have some news about her, but we won't be sure until the end of the month

Capri:
Capri was my first pony. Capri is technically grade (we never got her fully registered, just as a foal) miniature horse, who is about 10 or so, I got no idea as I honestly can't remember and don't feel like looking it up. My plans with her are to have her be a pasture ornament. Also she has lost weight since this picture, and is currently on a diet.

 Also she has lost weight since this picture, and is currently on a diet

2. Q: Have you ever ridden English or bareback?

A: To English, my answer is sort of. I've rode in an English saddle a handful of times, and an English endurance saddle about a dozen times. I've also rode a jumper before but we were just doing ground work and stable games at a walk and trot as he had just done a lesson and was super lazy. I haven't went to an actual English lesson or such.
To bareback, absolutely so. I've rode bareback more times than I can count. Have only 30 minutes to catch, tack, and ride? Bareback. Spunky decides that she wants to be at the bottom of the hill when I catch her, and I don't feel like walking up the hill? Bareback. I'm just outside while waiting and not really riding? Bareback. I think you get the point I'm trying to make. Also when I was riding daily (and at least an hour to two a day) back I would sometimes do my warm-ups and cool-downs bareback before saddling or after taking tale off. It honestly just depended on how much time I had.

3. Q: Ever ridden with no reins?

A: Yes........

I had a neck rope though, and it wasn't the best ride, I'm fine in a walk/trot with one, but after words the stop becomes uncertain, as Spunky gets a little pushy. I do have goals to get to the point where I could ride with nothing.

4. Q: Ever jumped?

A: Actually believe it or not yes, I was on a Western horse (actually it was Spunky to be exact) so she's not a fancy jump as she's never actually been trained for it. I've jumped her on multiple occasions. We've jumped a pond drain (its honestly just a two foot wide dip that she'd rather jump than walk through), a makeshift jump that was like a foot to a foot and a half, and we've jumped puddles and logs on trail rides. Spunky is honestly quick to jump instead of step over things. We've also accidentally jumped a three foot jump... Well to be specific it was probably about just as wide. It was when were jumping the 1 to 1 and a half foot jumps, and these were the things holding the poles up, and something spooked I'm not sure what, she had gotten a little off course afterwards, and we went over the barrel instead. I never wants to do that again in the saddle I was in. As we were doing trailer course size jumps, that are small enough to take in a western saddle but the three foot jump wasn't.

5. Q: Do you lounge if so how often?

A: Yes, and no. It honestly depends on the horse. Jazzy gets lunged before every ride, and at one point lunged for over an hour. Spunky on other hand barely ever lunges, as we use other activities and warm ups instead of lunging. She does lunge sometimes though

6. Q: If could buy any breed or famous horse for free who would you buy?

A: Honestly this is a really hard choice, as there are just so many great horses that I'd love to have. If you would have asked me what my dream stud to use would be this would be easy but this oooooh its hard. I'd love to have Slick By Design or Fame Fling n Bling, though Bling isn't alive.

7. Q: Retired race horse project and mustang makeover challenge opinion

A: My opinion on things like this are quite high. I've honestly thought about competing in one in the future. I also have seen rescue horse challenges but those are on a more local level.

8. Q: Biggest and smallest show ever been to

A: Biggest, is the ASCHS which is an annual four day show that requires you to win your way there by competing throughout the summer and has been going on yearly since 1963. It's actually one of the oldest and largest open breed shows in the United States.
Smallest, is debatable, the smallest actual show is just a local practice play day, while the smallest "show" was a get together with a couple of equestrian friends using a stopwatch.

If anyone else has any questions, or if lenalou123 you have anymore questions I'm open for them as like I said before I'm quite bored.