The First Week Of Summer

So I rode yesterday, and Spunky did pretty good. I warmed up bareback in a halter, and all we did was really walked in some patterns. Then once we were warmed up, I put on a saddle. We rode around trail riding for about 15 minutes, and the we worked on a pattern. (ceobuck the pattern I was talking about) It was interesting but it was fun, and a challenge, as we're uses to completing a pattern as fast as we can not as correctly or as prettily as we can.
Also Thursday I rode, and I was bareback, with only a halter. I only rode for about 30 to 45 minutes, and I spent my time just walking and trotting at my bareback isn't the best plus no one was actually watching me. Now could they hear me, yes they weren't far away, but they weren't right by me, and I wasn't about to try something stupid. Or something that stupid. We also worked on our groundwork. How many of you guys remember, that back at the start of the last book that I was having groundwork problems with Spunky? Well now today we walked, trotted, stopped, and made 90°, 180°, and 360° turns. Honestly in this time she has really changed. If I can, sometime soon Spunky and I may try either Halter or Showmanship. I also rode back on Tuesday when I had a friend over. We rode double, and we really rode. She has went to state in barrel pickup and can stay up on a running horse behind the saddle. So we actually didn't just walk in a circle, we trotted and loped patterns. We also jumped double, not our best decision but not our worst either. Definitely since Spunky overjumps as she jumps ground poles by a good amount.
Another thing is the show for today was canceled, now I am kinda sad as the next show is June 3rd. But this also means I can get more practice before the next show as I may try a new event and wasn't ready for it. But I may be in 2 weeks.
Lastly I was talking to my mom about my birthday next year. (now guys I know my birthday this year hasn't came around as it's in a month but my plan for next year is big, if we can do it.) Also guys as you know next year will probably be my last year riding Spunky in speed event competitively except maybe Keyhole. It will also be my last year in Buckaroo (Jr. Youth at some shows). So I'm kinda planning yo go out with a bang if you know what I mean. Well my birthday lands during a big show that Spunky is eligible for. It would be out of state and be like a 3-5 hour drive to get there. My parents didn't say it's a hundred percent yes but at the same time they didn't give a no either. So as I talk to them about this I'll probably give more information, as this show that I'm talking to them about isn't until June 2018. Plus I'm not 100% we're going but it's kinda likely, definitely if I can find facts to get them on board.