State!!!!!!

So Saturday started out with getting up at 5 am, loading up my tack, catching Spunky, and then driving for about an hour. Spunky went straight to her stall after I walked her for a while.

The first class of the day was Pony Under Saddle (Pony Pleasure). One of my friends little sisters did it and I tell you there were some beautiful little ponies, that looked like small scale horses instead of ponies. There was also a pony who was a peanut roller. Now I don't normally use that term, and I definitely don't use it lightly. He probably had dirt on his muzzle when he exited the arena. He was holding his head that low. I'm not even exaggerating a bit.

Next was Queens, and I had a friend who rode in it, but sadly she didn't get a call back as she was on a reiner, not a pleasure horse. There was also a girl who I don't really like because she's kinda stuck, who's horse reared up with her during the finals line up.
Then was buckaroo barrels, or better know as backaroo barrows (long story😂). I ran a 19.9, which is honestly the best I've ever ran in a big arena, but this being state I didn't place.

A couple of pleasure events later (it's not that I don't like pleasure, it's just I didn't know anyone showing in them, they had Barrel pickup, and two of my friends placed. One girl place 1st, and the other 9th.

After barrel pickup we left as I was feeling good, and it was getting late.
Saturday I did get my state shirt, and a new belt though.

Sunday we didn't go up there, and I just had some friends watch Spunky, as I was feverish all day

Monday comes and we make a big mistake. I take benadryl as I was still feverish but was still going to ride as I mean it's state. Unlike most people benadryl doesn't make me tired, but . . . (there's always a but) it affects me mentally, and my motor skills. We didn't even realize this until I went to school Tuesday with taking medicine.
My day started off the same as Saturday when it comes to wake up time.

Poles was the third event of the day, and it was the first event I was competing in on Monday. It didn't go quite as planned. At the time I was beating up on myself, but now I understand why. We almost hit a pole, and I almost came off twice, so a 30 wasn't too bad. I didn't even know I was coming off, I was just told so by the people watching me.

Then lastly we ran Keyhole and I ran a 11.054 😕. Locally that would place us most nights, but this wasn't locally, it was a championship show. I just wasn't sharp mentally and it just hurt my performance. I'm still beating myself up over it, even though I know I couldn't have done much better without not taking medicine for being sick. I know I shouldn't beat myself, but my time the weekend before would have put me in 3rd place this year. So hopefully we do better at show of champions next weekend.

Also in the next few chapters I'll post state pictures, tell about my recent rides and the new horses some more.