Chapter 1 - Remembering

I am walking around the forbidden forest trying to calm down, even though if someone sees me exiting the forest there goes my reputation, not that I have a good one anyways. I let out a sigh leaning against a tree trying to calm my thoughts. "Monsieur! I am lost!" I hear suddenly.  I look down to see a child I have never seen before, not very hard since I am an introvert most of the time. "Oh, hello child. Quick question... Are you a mortal or a vampire?" I ask with a smile. "I am a vampire!" She says smiling. My eyes widen now having seen a vampire in my life. "You are so cute!" I exclaim hugging them. They giggle. "You must be a mortal." She giggles. I let go of her and nod. "Were you with anyone before you got lost?" I ask. She nods then says "I was with my friends picking berries, for tonight's dinner." I nod. "Wait... So you vampires are almost like mortals, you don't just eat flesh!" I exclaim happily. 'Come on... They should have heard me already.'  I think. 

"Why are you shouting?" She asks me. "Trying to get the attention of your fellow vampires, for if they know a mortal is here they will come running or flying right?" I say now doubting myself. "They usually go the other way... But if they know I am with you, they are going to attack you." The child says. "Monsieur Encre... Move away from the child right now." I hear Eterna. "Child... Run... I shall keep them from getting to you." I say in horror. The child's eyes widen and they take off. I turn to see Eterna there with three others. 'This is the end for me.' I think with a gulp. "We should have never given you such freedom, conspiring with vampires." One of the other vampire hunters say coldly. 

We end up in a fight shortly after. With not very many fighting skills and very poor rationing, it is not long before I am defeated. I see the child there and they are staring at me. "Run!!!" I shout, before being shot in the chest. They burst into tears and screams of horror, due to seeing me being killed, burst from their lungs, as tears are pour down their face.  

I collapse to my knees grabbing my chest before blood is leaking from my mouth. Suddenly I pull the last bit of strength in my body and get to the child covering them to protect them. "Encre... You always were a fool even as a child. Get out of the road so we can get rid of that monster."  Eterna says. "Then shoot me, and shoot all of yourselves in the head. Because mortals are the ones who are monsters. You are willing to kill an innocent child!!! Just so you can have the glory of saving a piece of crap kingdom!!! You and all of mortal kind are the-the monsters, *gasp* ev-even m-m-m-e-e." I say with my last breaths then I activate my magic and protect the child with it. I give it my soul and just give a soft smile before it all goes black.

Unknown P.O.V...

We are watching as one of our children are being protected by a mortal. "Encre... You always were a fool even as a child. Get out of the road so we can get rid of the monster." Eterna the most famous vampire hunter says. "Then shoot me, and shoot all of yourselves in the head. Because mortals are the ones who are monsters. You are willing to kill an innocent child!!! Just so you can have the glory of saving a piece of crap kingdom!!! You and all of mortal kind are the-the monsters, *gasp* ev-even m-m-m-e-e." The mortal says then magic protects the child. The mortal gave the child their soul and just softly smiles before their eyes go dull then disappear. The vampire hunters are trying to kill the child and we all step out. Eterna's and the other two's eyes widen in horror before they take off running. I approach the mortal and see a familiar scar at the base of their skull. I lift them up and bite down on their neck. Their eyes return and just close, meaning I bit them just in time. The child rushes over and all three of us are covered in the magic. It is a strong willed magic for someone who wanted to protect something precious to them. The magic disappears and a Cross with a Pentagram on their neck appears in a yellow glow, then it disappears. 

My eyes widen realizing just who they are. Even though I was much stronger than them they protected me from someone, I do not remember them but the same symbol showed up and they passed out in my arms. I lift the mortal up and the child raises the soul up to me. It looks quite damaged from the last time we met. He was a really sweet child but had the craziest ideas. I carry him and the child carries their soul as we all walk back to our kingdom. 

Encre's P.O.V...

I wake up and open my eyes feeling cold but it is a nice feeling. My eyes widen seeing the room, the exact same room from my dreams. I sit up and just stare in disbelief.  I see that I am shirtless and blush at that, but then I return to how I always act. I move to the edge of the bed and stand up and go over to the window. I see a flash of me running around the room smiling and laughing. The same from the exact same dream I have every night. I then let out a laugh shaking my head. "I am dead this should not be happening. I doubt I am even in heaven since I am not even lined up." I laugh to myself darkly. I lean against the stone window sill looking out at the kingdom. "Why is this dream so realistic... I can feel everything and it has a texture for once. That is quite interesting." I mutter. 

Suddenly I hear footsteps and my eyes widen again seeing another flash of a someone I had saved in my dream coming through the door. Then there is a knock and I hear "Encre... Is that really you?" I turn my head and see him and every part of my being freezes. "They... What... I..." I mutter grabbing my head with my right hand while bracing myself with the left. "Encre." He says coming over to me and grabs my hand. "But... The dreams... They were..." I mutter so confusedly. "Do you remember me, Encre?"  They ask me. I nod before hugging them. "I do, I do remember you, your highness." I say feeling tears in my eyes. "They were not just dreams... I am so happy." I say hugging them tighter scared that they shall disappear any second and I shall wake up. They hug me back and I feel relieved knowing the one from my dreams was real. 

Suddenly they pull away and I loosen my grip on them. Then he is lifting my chin up and leans forwards, our faces so close together. He places a hand on the back of my head and one on my pelvis. I then close the gap suddenly and I place a hand on his chest and shoulder. He kisses me back and pulls my head closer and grips my pelvis tightly. I grab onto him and then I feel myself being moved quickly. I then open my eyes to see him blushing and I blush as well. He then runs a hand along my inked bones. "You really did join that group, just like you promised me." He says. "I followed through with all of my promises." I answer back softly, my blush darkening slightly. His eyes widen, then he leans down and embraces me gently. I hug him back and we just end up staying there. "Almost three decades." I mutter holding him tightly. "Has it seriously been that long?" He asks just holding me like he used to. I nod and say "The last time we saw each other I was eight turning nine years old. I am almost thirty-nine years old, for the past three decades I have never stopped dreaming of you and this kingdom, the people and their kindness, your kindness, I have never stopped thinking about you and the others." I look up at him smiling gently. He is smiling then smirks. "You literally are still a virgin then... I thought you would break that one for some girl, you are ridiculous." He laughs at me. I just look away and blush due to embarrassment. Then boom.