Chapter 25 - One More Time

It is my coming of age birthday once everyone wakes up and I am super nervous for two reasons. There is a knock at the door and I squeak due to being startled. The door opens suddenly. "Lord Encre, are you alright?" I hear. I nod and say "You startled me is all." "The lords have all woken up as well, and Lord Fallacy is wondering where you are." I hear. I am in the nursery just looking through the window. "I dressed then came in here." I answer. The butler nods and leaves. I had also been crying earlier as well, so I had not looked to see which one it was. The door opens and Fallacy is there shirtless. I blush and he comes over to me. He wraps his arms around me placing his hands on my stomach and he jumps slightly as I am tearing up. "Encre, tell me what happened?" Fallacy asks. "I miscarried two days ago..." I answer trying not to cry. He holds me tightly. "Why does my life have to be hell? Why can I not live just one, just, one, peaceful, god, damn, timeline?" I say angrily. Fallacy is holding onto me rubbing my back. "I knew this was going to happen it always does, why does it hurt so much, every time?" I say holding onto him tightly.

He just holds me tighter and brings us down. He is shaking while holding me, only two of the other Fallacy's have ever done, and only one other has cried like he has right now. He is stroking the side of my head and kissing my forehead, whispering "Forgive me... Forgive me, Encre... Please, Oh, please forgive me..." He is holding me to him so tightly. "I promise that we will have a child together, just like you want. I promise, I promise to stand with you in battle, I promise to be there for you while you're in pain, I promise, I promise... I promise you the world..." Fallacy says and I remember that line one Fallacy had said before going completely insane. I grab onto him his head in my chest. "No... No need to promise me all that. The world I do not need." I say before looking him in the eyes. My hand on the side of his face. "Please, just do not do anything you are not capable of doing, do not push yourself either. I do not want to see you hurting yourself to do something you cannot do." I plead. "But Encre I can give you the world, I could do it easily." Fallacy says with a crazed look in his eyes.

I start to sob hard and my hand slips. "No... No... I do not want that..." I sob looking at the ground to the side as tears are hitting the ground. "Encre... What do you want then?" Fallacy asks me and my eyes widen. I had never heard a single one ask me that before. I look up as a fresh tear rolls down my face. His eyes had become the soft loving eyes I had seen moments before I had told him before he started to apologize to me. I hug him tightly and say "I just want to be with you, and live happily." He hugs me gently and says "Alright, then that is what I shall aim for, my love." He wipes away my tears. "Encre, please come back to our chambers. I want to see into your mind like before." Fallacy says. I feel a bit worried but I nod.

Time skip...

I wake up from being asleep as Fallacy was search my mind. I feel really well rested and I wake up to Fallacy being right beside me. I wrap my arms around his sleeping form as there is a knock at the door. "Time to wake up both of you!!! Especially you birthday boy! Or should I say..." Lord Night says. "Man!!!" They all laugh. Lord Furry is smiling the widest smile I have ever seen him smile before. Everything seems to be closing in though. Like there is a darkness as I sit up. My head feels fuzzy. "Fallacy?" I mutter reaching for him. "His eyes..." I hear. "Stop him!!!" I hear. Fallacy opens his eyes and they widen. 'Help me!!!' I plead into my mind. Fallacy wraps his arms around me. "I know you are scared Encre, I hear your soul." Fallacy says. Tears are leaking from my eyes. 'I am scared...' I say crying. "I know, I know you are. But I need you to relax. Your subconscious is just trying to protect you is all." Fallacy says. "Trying... To protect... Me?" I say out loud. Fallacy is looking me in the eyes and nods. "Relax now and you will know you are safe." He says. "Relax... Safe..." I say out loud. 'What is going on?' I think confusedly. The lords are watching in horror. I fall into Fallacy suddenly and I grab at him frantically trying to know he is there. His arms go around me quickly again and I grab onto his back. I am crying due to me being so scared. "Encre... You have been stressing yourself out far too much, just relax. Breathe." Fallacy says. I breath in panic due to the fear. "It is alright, you are safe. You are safe." I hear.

Suddenly I feel lighter and everything just feels easier. It is easier to breathe, to move, to everything. Everything just seems easier to do now. "Happy birthday Encre. I love you." Fallacy says. I hug him gently and he hugs back. "I love you too." I say as it all seems to be brighter. I sit up and he is looking at me with a bright smile. I tackle him onto the bed and he flips me over tickling me and I start to laugh. He then hugs me and I start to tickle him and he is trying not to laugh so hard. He breaks and his laugh is almost like a roar. We just hug each other while he is on top of me.

Time skip...

The lords have been staring at me and Fallacy for awhile now. I am just starting to get uncomfortable with it. "Lord Encre, you were saying something earlier?" I hear causing me to jump. "Um, yes. I just... I uh... umm..." I start. Fallacy holds me close. It gives me comfort. "I had a miscarriage... The child was not eating any of the magic." I sigh. Suddenly all around us is glitching out. Lord Night, and Lord Dream come over to us. Fallacy is holding me protectively. Suddenly we are all thrown away from each other. I sit up and then Reaper is there. "Shit..." I growl. "Encre... The last Ink has died... The last Error is ruling the universes now. You better come with me now." Reaper says. I crawl away from him backwards. "Encre do not be like that. Come on, stop being selfish!" Reaper shouts grabbing my shoulders. His eyes widen and I cough blood. "Shit... I keep forgetting you are weak like this..." Reaper says, then chuckles "At least this is the end of this timeline... Have fun dying alone, painfully." Tears start to leak from my eyes. A portal appears and Error is there. Fallacy is holding me tears streaming down his face. "No... Damn it... Why did my magic not work? Why could I not stop him?" Fallacy says as more blood is leaking from the corner of my mouth. "I promise. I will protect you next timeline. No one will hurt you, I will be there for you always." Fallacy says. Tears leak from my eyes. "That... Is the best Birthday, present I could ever have." I say with a few tears rolling down my cheeks. "Encre... No... I did not want this..." I hear. "Fallacy... I need you to kill me, so I can stay with you one more timeline. Please... Kill me." I say with a gentle smile. Error comes over and looks down at me with tears rolling down his cheeks. There is a huge amount of pain in my chest and I cough blood. Fallacy and I look up to see Lord Dream with tears streaming down his face. "Encre... You will not make it..." Lord Night says. "I promised you did I not? I always keep my promises." I say with a smile. Lord Dream smiles then pulls out a cloth covered stake. "One more... Right? Just one more." I say with a soft smile. "Encre..." Error says then nods. "I will be there for you I promise." Error says. I smile weakly as I see I am starting to glow. "Please... I want to live... One more time, with all of you. Just one more... It is all I ask..." I say weakly. Lord Dream's hand is shaking. Fallacy grabs the stake and he stabs me with tears streaming down his face. "I'll be there for you when we reset... I promise... I promise you that." Fallacy says. I nod slowly and hug him tightly. "Thank you..." I say as I crumble to dust.