Chapter 17 - Choking Hazard

"Worthless!!!" "Why can't you just go back to how you were before!!!" "I never loved you!!!" "Freak..." "Just look at him... He will be killed off soon." "That is the king's mate, he could do so much better." "GET OUT OF HERE MORTAL BORN!!!" I hear voices that are starting to drown me. I am grabbing my head as I feel the agony going through me. "PLEASE STOP!!!" I plead. Suddenly it does all stop and I open my eyes to see a flower field and a bright blue sky. I let go of my head and gaze up at the sky. I reach up for it and there is wind. "Hey!!! I was trying to talk to him!!!" I hear. "You are hurting him!!!" I hear. I stand up and look around. I am then standing in front of a mirror. "When did the mirror get here?" I hear. I see myself crying as a child. I am covered in blood and there is only destruction around me. "WHY?" The kid yells. "WHY ME?" They cry out. I remember that day well since it haunts me. I watch the kid stand up and they turn. We make eye contact. I am an adult currently. "Who... Who are you?" The kid version of me asks. "I am you. I know you are hurting currently, it still hurts to this day for me." I say with a bitter smile. "Why are you here?" He asks me. "I am unsure of the answer to that question, but I believe that I am currently asleep." I answer. "Asleep?" He says. I nod. "I probably have very little time, but... You will survive anything thrown at you. Make sure to follow your dreams and hopes, and always protect vampires. I know what you just saw hurts, but you will survive as long as you believe in yourself. Just keep smiling even when it hurts and let your voice be heard. That is the only thing I can tell you, but I do hope we can meet again." I say with a smile. "How... How can you be so happy?" The kid asks angrily. "I am almost two million years old. You learn to look past the things that hurt, to find the light that makes everything brighter. And this is only your first steps, there is so much more to come. So much more pain and sadness is waiting, but do not look for it, look for the love, the kindness and the joy." I say smiling. The mirror is fading out. "GET HIM!!!" "GET THE MORTAL BORN!!!" I hear from behind me. "I have to go alright?" I say smiling. Their eyes widen. "Who is that?" I hear the kid say. "The people who killed Mama and papa, never trust them!" I say before seeing shadow figures. "NIGHTMARE STOP!!!" I hear and I am then pulled backward into the mirror. Arms are around me and then I am shot in the head. I cough blood and then fall to my knees. "OLDER ME!!! NO!!!" I hear the kid shout. I heal with a snap then I stand up. I then seal the mirror using magic. "Wow..." I hear. I turn and see Eterna looking at me. She bursts into laughter and I grow angry. "You wench..." I growl. "You almost look like you could be Encre's actual parent. "Nah, we are just close friends is all, now you are going to regret shooting me." I say extending my fangs. "Oh, god... It is you..." She says. "You remember me do you not?" I laugh before grabbing her with my vampire speed and strength. I push my soul towards the kid version of me and I then bite down hard into Eterna's neck. She screams out in agony. "NO!!! NO!!!" She screams tears pouring down her face. I release and the marks are blue. "I curse you to suffer for as long as you live, to need the blood of your allies and family. To hear their cries and screams, that includes their begging." I say smiling cruelly. She falls to her knees clutching her neck. "No..." She cries. I then say "Revenge is best served cold... I have waiting far too many years to do that to you, but you will soon find out what I mean, max three thousand years."

I shoot awake. I look around my room and wail "NO!!!! WHY WAS THAT JUST A DREAM!!!!" I tear up and turn face first into a pillow. There is running and the door slams open. "THAT SUCKS!!!! GAH!!!!" I scream into my pillow. There is then laughter and heavy breathing. I sit up to see Maid and butlers all there and then Fallacy and all the lords at the door. I giggle then say "Sorry about that... I did not mean to wake or disturb anyone." Fallacy and the lords all burst into laughter. I smile brightly. "As cute as always." Lord David laughs. Fallacy comes over and picks me up. "Everyone out I am dressing him." Fallacy says. "No fair!!!" Lord Dream says. I blush hard.

Everyone leaves, Lord Dream leaves grumbling as the doors close. Fallacy then sets me back down and goes and gets my clothes. "Strip, come on hurry up." He says. I have a flashback remembering when he said that once, but the tone was much harsher and there was a cruel look in his eyes when we said that. I strip quickly. "That is the spirit!" Fallacy says. He starts to dress me which scares me as soon as his hand brushes my ribs. "Encre, what is with that look on your face, and your eyes are going black..." He trails off. "I can dress myself, I do not help." I say not answering the question. "Fine, fine, you stubborn kid." He says and passes me my clothes. He turns around and I quickly dress, holding back tears. "Encre... There is something the matter, please tell me." Fallacy says. He kneels down and places a hand on my shoulder. I hug myself and let the tears fall. "I was scared... I thought you were going to hurt me or rape me... I was so scared!!!" I sob hard.

Fallacy's hand stiffens and I get turned around and Fallacy holds me to his chest. I just sob into his chest for the longest time while my hands ball up the material of his dress shirt. He is shaking while holding me. "I will never do that to you I swear that to you. We will get through this timeline, with no problems. We can and will all get through this." Fallacy says stroking my skull. "Everything will, be alright, you will survive. I promise you this." Fallacy says and I feel my soul get a hundred times lighter. I hug him and sniffle.

Time skip...

I am walking down the halls and I hear laughter. I then see the meeting room. I open the doors slowly and peak my head in. I see Fallacy and the other lords talking to other Lords that I happen to not recognize. "Young lord? You should not be here currently." I hear. Fallacy looks over and then waves me over. I gulp and make my way over to him closing the door behind me. I make my way over to him maturely and he asks "What is it?" His voice is very gentle with me and he takes my hand in his. "L-Lord Fallacy wh-when are your m-meetings done?" I say with a bit of fear. A lot of the mortal lords from that thing the other day are there. "Five hours at the most, do you need something?" He asks me. "No, Lord Fallacy, I just wanted to know... It was not really important anyways." I say with a nervous laugh before giving a slight bow and going to take my leave. "I will ask you about it later then." Fallacy says. I nod and take my leave. "Something is wrong..." I hear. I close the doors behind me and see no one around. I teleport to my room and lay down on my clean bed.

The door opens suddenly and I see a maid I do not recognize there. "Oh... Lord Encre, why are you not at the meeting?" She asks. "I am too young to join the adults, as well as me being Mortal born. I am not allowed to join in their matters, it is against the laws." I sigh sitting up. She enters the room and closes the door. "Do you care to talk about what seems to be troubling you?" She asks quite loudly, but I hear the click. "It is not important at all, just like me currently. I shall never be important at this age." I sigh, trying to distract her while Lord Dream is coming up the stairs and towards this hallway. She comes towards me and her smile fades. My heart is pounding and my breath has quickened. "You are afraid of being near people right?" She asks. I nod slowly. "More so terrified." I answer honestly trying to keep the conversation going. She nods and says "I understand that, I went through the same thing after being bitten, but I believe you will eventually get over it." She sits beside me and there is no mark on her neck. My breath quickens. 'I will not let the timeline end like this.' I think trying to control my breathing.

Suddenly I am grabbed while my concentration slips. I am choking a lot and the woman is laughing. "How does it feel? You no good mortal born. You do not deserve the king!" She laughs squeezing around my neck harder. 'FALLACY!!! PLEASE!!! SAVE ME!!!' I scream into my mind. My hands are gripping hers as I am trying to get her hands away from my neck. The door is trying to be opened and Lord Dream is there. "Hurry up and pass out already." She whispers while digging her nails into my neck as her other hand is around my neck as well. I am choking a lot. "Young Lord! Unlock your door!" I hear. 'Someone... Save me... please...' I think trying to claw at her hands. Tears are pouring from my eyes as I let out choked sobs. She squeezes even harder. "ENCRE!!! OPEN THE DOOR!!!" Lord Dream shouts. "He is not in here, he is in the baths." The woman says. "Help!" I choke out and she squeezes even harder and I think 'Please... Someone... I cannot breathe...' I think and then I can breathe again. I gasp for breath and my chest rises and falls as I regain my breath. She is over top of me again and I try to activate my magic trying to protect myself. She kicks me and then I end up rolling into something. I wince trying to concentrate. "No good mortal born!!!" She shouts and then I am being picked up by my throat again. My feet are kicking and I am grabbing at their wrists. I am letting out sobs trying to break free. I lose all of my air and I lose the capability to think. I stop kicking and sobbing. "Put the kid down!" I hear. There is a scream and I hit the ground again. I cough while gasping for breath. I feel arms go around me and I am being carried. I am set down again and I go onto my hands and knees gasping for breath trying to breathe normally again. I feel my back being rubbed and I eventually get my breath back. "Are you alright now?" I hear. I look up with a bit of fear, but I see Error there. I feel tears leaking from my eyes as I jump into his arms. "ERROR!!!" I cry holding onto him. "Encre... Wrong Error you are grabbing onto there." I hear. I open my eyes and see Error with a glare towards the other one. He comes over and picks me up. "I heard your thoughts." He says gently holding onto me. "Fallacy or Lord Dream will be here for you soon." Error says. "What is with you other me? You saved this child then it attacked me while crying. Have you gone mad?" The other Error says. I grab ahold of Error tightly. A portal opens and I see Fallacy coming through it looking around worriedly. Error kisses my head and says "Be safe, and always have someone you trust with you." I nod and Error gives me to Fallacy. Fallacy is holding onto me while shaking hard.