Chapter 3 - Poetry

I wake up still being in the field of flowers. I hear running and I see vampire hunters. I prepare myself and I am fighting for my life. They all end up dead and I just turn away. "ENCRE!!!!" I hear but just keep walking. I do not stop walking till I am at some abandoned castle. I find a way inside and I just find some old curtain and wrap myself in it. I then see I am bleeding, I then feel sick but I choke back my fear and deal with my wound. I remove my shirt and bandage myself using a ripped piece of the curtain. I slip on my shirt and just wrap myself in the curtain. I let myself fall asleep in the corner.

Time skip...

I wake up, opening my eyes to see the same room I had woken up in the day prior, but the door has a metal grate and so does the window. I feel like a prisoner now, I feel trapped, scared and alone. I just sit up and do not move from that spot. There is a knock but I say nothing. 'Are you awake?' I hear but say or think nothing. I want to rot alone in this prison, since, what was once my place of refuge became my place of mental torture. 'ENCRE!!! I KNOW YOU ARE AWAKE!!!' I hear Fallacy shout into my mind, but I remain silent. 'This is not the place I remember... This is hell... I guess I really did die...' I think and I hang my head as tears slip from my eyes and I feel my soul starting to break again. The door is opening and then I see my scars glowing red as I grab my head preparing for the yelling the shouting and the pain. "ENCRE!!!" I hear. 'This is now my hell... This was never to be my place of refuge was it?' I think as my soul splits apart and cracks. "Encre... I caused this..." I hear feeling someone touch me and I flinch hard. My soul is crumbling apart. "Fallacy, you should not be seeing this!" I hear and then tears are leaking from my eyes in a stream as I feel the agony just pouring out of me. "He has kept so much pain inside of him, you must let him release it somehow, Fallacy!" I hear. I feel arms go around me, but still I do not move.

Time skip...

Fallacy told me I had as much freedom as I wanted, so I remain alone in silence all day, slowly becoming more and more hungry as the days go on, and more exhausted as the days go on, for I neither want to sleep or eat. My soul is split in two as well as crumbled in multiple places and my memories have become scattered and unorganized. I have been using my magic trying to heal my soul the past few days. I am almost there and I am pretty proud of myself for doing so. It finally heals together hours later and then I rest my head down on the bed and I pass out.

I wake up to knocking at my door and say "Enter." My voice is cold and bitter, which mortals are used to hearing, the lords, butlers, and maids are not. The door opens then so does the doors grate. "Lord Encre, the door's grate, and door are not locked, you do not have to stay in here. Plus... Do you not want something to eat at all? Maybe something to drink?" I hear Gazelle ask me. "No, I do not. Thank you for offering." I say calmly. I then hear a choked sob and I turn my head to see her crying holding onto the door frame. I feel sympathy in my soul and I stand and go over to her. I wrap my arms around her just holding her to me. She breaks down into my chest sobbing. I just hold her, while rubbing her back. "Lord Encre... Please! Please! I cannot handle seeing you like this!" She sobs hard into my chest. She had cried before when I stopped smiling, she left the room before anyone else saw her or heard her. No one really looks at me anymore so I hid away just like I did before. But everyone knew who I was and what I did for a living. "Alright I will eat something, but I will only eat because I do not want to see you so sad... I care about you Gazelle I always have. You were like a big sister to me when we first met three decades ago, so I do not want to see you so sad, Gazelle." I say softly while smiling my normal smile. Her eyes widen and she nods. "Please take your time." She says wiping her eyes and going to stand up. I stand and help her up first. "My lord, please take your time coming downstairs." She says softly holding my hand gently. I kiss her hand gently and let go. She then turns and walks through the door. I then whisper "Thank you, Gazelle." I see a soft smile on her face as well as tears in her eyes. She closes the door but not the grate.

Gazelle's P.O.V...

I rush down with tears still in my eyes. I make it down to the dining hall and I wipe my eyes. The other maids and butlers look at me. I nod and say "He is coming down... He is finally coming out of that room." The other's eyes all widen and a lord comes in as I am trying to dry my tears. "You did it Gazelle... You actually got him out of his room?" Suave says looking at me surprised. I nod as I am trying to get rid of the tears. "He is joining us?" We hear suddenly. I turn to see lord Dream there. "Lord Dream... We must warn you... That he has changed, dramatically." I say softly. "That is to be expected, you all really expected after three decades and the things he has been through to be the exact same as he was when he was a child?" Lord Dream says and then walks away leaving us with that question.

Encre's P.O.V...

I am walking down the dimly lit halls with my head down when I hear "Encre... I am glad to see you, after all these years." I look up and see Lord Night. 'What do I do?' I think worriedly. "You do not have to fake anything, I understand that the others assumed that you would be the same. But I have been watching from the sidelines and protecting you from further damage all these years. I do hope you can forgive the others for not understanding your mental condition currently." Lord Dream says coming up behind Lord Night. I just feel the tears welding up in my eyes and Lord Dream comes over and holds me closely. "It is alright to cry, Encre... I know what you have been through." He says rubbing my back and I just let the tears slip from my eyes and I let myself sob.

Unknown P.O.V...

"It is alright to cry, Encre... I know what you have been through." Lord Dream says while holding Lord Encre as he cries. Suddenly there is a yellow sphere around them and the crying comes to a stop slowly. I hear a startled yelp and Lord Dream chuckles. "Does it hurt anymore?" He asks Lord Encre and Lord Encre says "It does not... What did you do?" His voice is gentle and soft. "I gave you inner peace and I relieved you of your pain." Lord Dream says. I just shake my head and take off flying through the halls going towards Lord Fallacy's bedroom.

Encre's P.O.V...

Lord Dream and I are walking through the halls that seem to be a bit brighter. He is walking right beside me and I feel a lot better. I smile slightly and I see others staring at me. My smile slips from my face and I look down, closing back up. Lord Dream grabs my hand gently and I look up at him. "It is perfectly fine to smile, Lord Encre." Lord Dream says to me while smiling gently. "Are you alright, now?" He asks. I nod gently and we continue to walk down the hallway.

Time skip...

Lord Dream and I are standing and talking about the times I used to play in the courtyard in the center of the castle and used to recite poetry with him. Lord Fallacy used to play with me as well and laugh with me. "You brought a lot of joy to this kingdom, Encre. I am glad that you are finally home." Lord Dream says pulling me into a hug. 'Home?' I think while grabbing onto him. "He looks so much smaller than before." I hear someone whisper. "Make them think that you cannot hear them, Encre." Lord Dream whispers gently beside my head. I nod. "What are they talking about?" I hear. "Encre, before you eat do you care to join me for a walk?" Lord Dream asks me, his voice quite loud, startling me. "Oh, forgive me Encre, I know you have a hard time with louder voices." Lord Dream says causing me to blush. He takes my hand while kneeling down to my height and says "I care about you, Encre. I have watched you suffer for far too long. Please come for a walk with me." I nod and he stands pulling me along with him.