Chapter 10 - Another Betrayal

I open my eyes and see something coming towards me. I use magic to block it. "CHILD RUN!!!" I hear. 'That voice... It is familiar...' I think as I fight. "CHILD!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FIGHT ON YOUR OWN!!!" I hear the same voice yell. 'Wait... I should be dead right now.' I think with a frown. "ENCRE STOP FIGHT AGAINST US!!! STOP PROTECTING THAT MONSTER!!!" I hear another familiar voice. 'Why do both sides want me to stop? Can I stop?' I think. My arms are just moving and I cannot stop moving. My body is filled with adrenaline my magic flares as I remember everything. I take out my opponents without killing them this time. I collapse to my knees in exhaustion before turning and looking behind me. I then see Fallacy. He is laying there injured his eyes closed and there are tears. "Fallacy..." I mutter before finding the energy to run to him. I drop to my knees beside him and begin to heal him with my remaining magic. I feel tired and weak as I lay beside him. "Child..." He says. "Are you alright your highness?" I ask with a smile. Their eyes widen and they ask "How did you know?" 'He must not remember.' I think sadly before sitting up. "Just did. Plus the style of your clothing gave you away, your highness." I say smiling. I suddenly feel myself collapsing and I feel arms go around me. "Are you alright?" Fallacy asks me. I nod slowly before saying "I must have overused my magic." My voice is very soft and tired. "Child... What is your name?" Fallacy asks. "My name is Encre, your highness." I answer trying to sit up but I am far too weak to move. "Here... Let me take you to my castle." He says. I nod slowly before saying "Alright your highness."

Time skip...

One year and a month later...

I am now ten years old, not that anyone knows that. No one really pays attention to me and I find it almost soothing, if it was not for the fact it leaves me feeling so lonely. Fallacy does not interact with me often only the maids and butlers really do. Suave is not here yet which has me curious. I am currently in my room alone celebrating my own birthday in silence, well except that I am softly and quietly singing happy birthday to myself. "-Happy birthday to you." I finish then lay down. I hear a knock at the door before it opens. "Lord Fallacy wishes to see you." I hear. I nod saying "Alright." I then stand and head towards the maid. They walk slightly in front of me and I walk beside but behind them. I know this castle like the back of my hand. I acted lost for the first few months to pull along the act, even if... Fallacy does not remember me at all. "Um... Lord Encre... What were you humming to yourself?" The maid asks. "Nothing special, just a tune most children in the royal capital knew." I answer. "Oh... I see Lord Encre... Forgive me for intruding." The maid says softly. I just nod saying "Hm... It is alright, it was a harmless question is all." She nods. I feel lonely again and I hear my soul crack suddenly. The maid turns around seeing how I had stopped. I am shaking slightly as I bring my soul from my chest. Her eyes widen as she says "Lord Encre... You are hurting. Where are you hurt, Lord Encre?" I grab my soul and encase it in magic. It heals over and the magic disappears. The maid's eyes look dull as she is watching me act so carefully. My soul does this constantly, so I have practice. "Lord Encre... The crack?" She says. "What crack? Sorry for taking so long to catch up to you." I say with a smile. I then see tears in her eyes and she comes over to me grabbing me by the hands. "How long has your soul been cracking like that? How long have you been able to remember everything?" She asks. I sigh and say "Ever since I woke up... Figuring out Fallacy could not remember anything." Her eyes widen. "He thought you did not remember, you hid remembering so well Lord Encre. You hid it so well." She says hugging me tightly. "You tortured yourself this whole time." She says holding onto me while sobbing. I hold her tightly in my arms saying "I do not mind Gazelle." "Gazelle why are you on the floor?" I hear. "Lord Fallacy... He has remembered from the beginning... From the very beginning." Gazelle sobs with tears streaming down her face. "Where is he?" Fallacy asks. "I am right here Fallacy." I say calmly. Gazelle is sobbing still holding onto me with a death grip. I suddenly feel a huge amount of pain go through my soul and collapse into Gazelle. I black out.