Chapter 11 - A Connection

I am laying down tiredly as I hear a knock suddenly. "Come in." I say tiredly. I sit up slowly. The hall's lights hit my eyes. "Young lord, sorry for waking you, but there is someone here for you." I hear. I nod slowly. I sit myself up and yawn. A maid comes towards me and picks me up like I am nothing. She carries me as I fight to stay awake. "He looks so cute like that." I hear. It causes me to blush but it fades quickly as I wake up. "I can walk you know." I mutter. "Are you sure you are not too tired, young lord?" The maid asks. I nod saying "I am." The maid stops and sets me down. "Thank you." I mutter tiredly. I rub my eyes and there is awing filling the halls.

The maid and I reach the doors quickly and I see someone I do not recognize. "Young Lord, I am sorry to wake you from your sleep." They say. I look up at them saying "I was just about to fall asleep, but business always come first, what are you here for Sir?" "I came to pass a message to Monsieur Dream, but he has returned to the castle for the time being. Could you pass this message to him?" They say. "Sure, but you may have to repeat it a couple times... I am half asleep." I mutter. "He is so cute!" I hear a few maids say. "Alright young Lord." They say gently before leaning down to me. "The king is planning to make an alliance with Mortals to find you." He whispers. I am shocked awake. "What..." I say my voice is filled with fright. The maids are all looking towards me with worry. "Do you want me to repeat that?" He asks. I shake my head no and I am shaking. 'I have to get away from here... I have to hide... I have to stay away from villages. Or people are going to die because of me. Should I just return to Fallacy? No, I cannot, I will not. I have to hide away from here.' I think and I cannot think of anything else as I am filled with panic and fear. "Young Lord! Young Lord! Are you alright? Young Lord!" I hear as I come back to my senses. I open my eyes and I see maids all around me. A few are crying while looking at me. "Maybe I should not have told you that." The man sighs. "Oh, Lord Furry. Why have you come?" I hear. "I came to deliver a message to you, and I was going to leave it with the young lord. But it seems to have been a wrong choice." I hear. "Young Lord... Are you alright?" I hear a gentle voice ask. "Young Lord?" I hear Lord Dream say. "Oh dear, Lord Furry... What did you tell him?" I hear Lord Dream ask. "I told him that Fallacy is planning to make an alliance with the mortals in order to find him." The man says. "I told you to keep business with that type of information between us. Now it explains his thoughts... Oh, dear. Encre... Please stay in this castle, we are in an unknown location far, far to the east of the Vampire Capital. It will take them at least a century before they figure anything out. I will purposely throw them off track to keep you safe." Lord Dream says holding me to him, as he gently strokes my skull. It calms me down and I relax into him. I close my eyes to keep myself from crying. "Lord Encre... I know you are terrified of him, I remember everything he did to you, unlike what you remember. I stored your memories deep within your soul. I will not allow him to get you again, these timelines have corrupted him. They have caused him to go insane, he has seen you and so many others die over, and over again. He will only hurt you if he sees you, it is the reason why he stole your magic." Lord Dream says softly. I nod softly. "Just promise me you and none of the innocent people get hurt. Or... Or... Or die... Do not let them die... Please... Please promise me, because if anyone gets hurt, because of me... I will... I will just hand myself over to him, I do not want to see others hurt." I say holding onto him tightly. "I promise you that. I promise you that a million times over." Lord Dream says softly. I nod slowly leaning into him. "Lord Encre... Please rest now. I will bring you to your chambers. You have a busy day tomorrow, just like you did today. You and I colouring and playing tag, as well as eating a big meal today. Come on now. I know you missed me, but it is time for you to rest now, Encre." Lord Dream's voice is soft and slow. My eyes feel heavy as I try fighting going to sleep. "But... Lord Dream... I do not want to go to bed yet." I say suddenly. "You are tired, come on, fall asleep now I will bring you to your chambers." Lord Dream says. I nod and let my eyes close falling into a deep sleep.