Chapter 33 - A New Begining

I am holding Jasper to my chest as he is sleeping. I am laying down relaxing a bit before leaving to go back to the front lines. "Mama, why do you always leave?" I hear suddenly. I look down to see a half-asleep Jasper. I smile grimly before saying "Because I am needed out on the front lines. Do not worry about me dying." He looks sad before saying "But what happens if I die?" I am shocked by the question. "That won't happen alright? Your father will protect you." I say gently. He smiles sadly. "But I want to be with you," he says holding onto me so tightly. I frown and hold him ever more closely.

The camp is full of laughter and cheers when I get back. I am angered seeing it as I march forwards. "THE GENERAL IS BACK!!!" I hear a cheer and then get pulled into the group. They are drinking and having a blast. I had quickly removed myself from the group of partying monsters and I am keeping an eye out for anything. I then grab a face mask and breathe through it to see them all still partying. I am keeping it close just in case.  I feel uneasy knowing this is my last chance to make everything right.

"Sister?" I hear suddenly and I look up. Asgore is smiling down at me. "Why are you not with everyone else," Asgore asks me. "I refuse to let my guard down, we are at war and the humans could attack at any second," I state coldly trying to get him to realize. He frowns and nods. He goes over and the party eventually subsides. Asgore comes back a few hours later as I am sharpening my weapons. I can feel him looking down at me worriedly. "Sister... Why do you fret so much?" He asks. "Asgore, these are your people. You need to hold the line here. I am not going to be alive for much longer." I state bluntly. He looks shocked and asks "But you are a Soulless?" "I am," I state. "But fortune tells me otherwise. I die with my mate and child ending all vampire race. It is to save you and every other monster." I state standing up. "Sister..." He says tears pouring down his face. He hugs me tightly. "Don't die," he says sobbing behind me, as he is desperately holding on to me. "Asgey you will see me again, that is a promise," I state gently letting him sob into me.

The Next Day...

I had left a note for my brother and words of wisdom. I had taken my cloak and weapons and my tent lay empty except for the words "You will all see me again." Written everywhere on parchment. I look up at the bluing sky. Knowing it might be the last. 

I continued walking to the new battlefront. I see Dream and Night there. They look saddened seeing me. I smile the biggest smile at them. "We made it. Now all that is left to do... Is for me to die." I say smiling gently. They look shocked but they both move to embrace me. Though I embrace them first. "Take us to the other side." Dream says. I nod. I see Fallacy looking at me shocked. I hold my fist out and dream and I hold our fist bump. "A flower does move, even if the petals wilt." Dream says. I nod. "And a bee isn't always so busy," I state gently. Fallacy's eyes widen knowing what we mean. I can see Reaper being impatient now. I roll my eyes and flip him off. I hear snickering behind me. I soon disappear into the forest. "ENCRE!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!" I hear Fallacy shout and my chest feels light. I can feel all the love deep within my chest. I can remember all the moments of love, compassion, glory. All the good and bad memories come to my mind as I let out a shriek of impending death and sacrifice. I hear more shrieking as then there is running and shouting. I pull out my weapon and get ready. 'I love you.' I hear in my mind. 'I love you as well.' I answer. I start to battle and fight with all of my non-existent soul. Blood is going everywhere as I slaughter everything and one. Suddenly I feel swords impale me and stick me into a tree at the base of the mountain. Magic and blood, as well as bone marrow leaking. I feel my soul burning and I hear screaming. Suddenly everything is gone and everything is white.

I had finally did it...
Now I just had to wait...
Right?