Chapter 9 - For A Better Future

For the first few years villagers avoid me and did not dare to look at me. I watched from the distance as they all swam one day. Children, adults and the elders were all having a good time, as well as the lords and Fallacy. I had told them I would remain at the castle to not cause fear and ruin anything. Since that is all I did when exiting the castle. I watch them from afar then I see two little children looking towards me. I suddenly feel ashamed and take off away from the tree side near the lake. I fly to the castle avoiding the village since everyone knows who I am due to the patterns on my wings. I go through the doors and make my way to the baths. I strip myself then soak in a bath for a few hours. 

I hear the front doors open and there is laughter. I feel my soul hurt and I just sit at the bottom of the bath totally covered. I just sulk there before going back up for air. I hear a startled gasp and I look to see Lord Night there. I blush looking away. "Lord Encre... I thought you were still at the lake..." He says. "I very rarely leave the castle... The villagers are all terrified of me... I do not even remember what I did either... For I probably deserve it anyways." I answer blankly with a sigh. Lord Night is avoiding looking at me. I just stand and dry myself off without another word from me or Lord Night.

Suddenly the door opens again and the baths are filled with laughter, it almosts sounds as if the walls themselves are laughing. It is cut short as I finish dressing myself with tears in my eyes. I just turn and walk right out. Past Lord David and Lord Night. I see Lord Dream not that far away and there is a look of concern on his face. I just turn away and head for Fallacy and I's room. I open the door to see Fallacy changing and he had not heard me apparently. I close the door stealthily and make my way over to him. He is shirtless so I wrap my arms around him placing my hands on his chest. He just turns and smiles at me. "Encre I thought you were still at the lake?" Fallacy says. I let go of him thinking 'I guess none of them heard me earlier.' "Encre... I can feel that you are hurting. I know that you love the Vampire people as if you were their mother's and father's. They love you, but they are just unsure due to those seven decades and five years. They are merely unsure, for they are aware of your powers and how strong they are, but they also know how your eyes change colour dependent on your mood. But your eyes were as Black as the void. Encre... Your eyes have been blue for some time now, would it help if I walked with you in the village everyday?" Fallacy says while smiling at me. My eyes widen and I nod.

Three weeks later...

Fallacy had been walking with me everyday and everyone started to talk to me again and children laughed and sang around me. Today Fallacy cannot walk with me so I walk alone. No one dares go near me again and no one even looks at me. I feel alone so alone. I make my way to the edge of the kingdom, where the abandoned part is and I just remain there the rest of my walk. I am walking around when I hear yelling and crying. I run to it to see a small girl. I see she is quite injured and bleeding out heavily. I take a step then remember that if I touch her no one would save her... No one would give her blood. Tears start to roll down my face as I kneel beside the girl. 'Fallacy... Please... I need your help... This girl they are dying... But I cannot do anything to save them... If the villagers see me even touching them, they will not do anything... Please...'I think. There is no response and then I feel everything burning. The kid is laughing and I look down to see a silver stake sticking out of my soul. 'Fallacy? Anybody... Please... Save... Me.' I plead within my mind as I fall backward the kid over top of me, their hands burning as well as my chest. "YOU ARE A MONSTER NOTHING MORE THAN A MONSTER!!! YOU HURT THE KING AND ARE MESSING WITH HIS MIND!!!! LEAVE OUR KING ALONE MORTAL BORN!!!" I hear the child yell. More tears leak from my eyes as blood trickles its way to the walkway. "Is that how... Everyone felt?" I ask as I close my eyes. "What?" The girl says. "All I wanted... Was to stop hurting... So I became a mindless monster... But I became afraid of the darkness... I should have killed myself, instead of just the darkness. I should have *cough* Destroyed the both of us." I say as I am turning to dust. "ENCRE!!!!" I hear. "ENCRE!!! WHERE ARE YOU???" I hear Fallacy calling. "LORD ENCRE I AM SORRY!!! FORGIVE ME PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!" The child screams. I look her in the eyes and place a hand on their face ever so gently before saying "I forgive you. But I place a gentle but cruel, ever so cruel curse upon you." Her eyes widen in terror as I smile gently. "Live your lives to the best possibility. And you are to remember the next five timelines after this, and you will remember this moment that what others say is not always the truth, *cough* Never pick sides... If you do not know what... You... are... fight... ing... f-for." I say cursing her. A small yellow mark appears on their cheek as I smile. "Fight... f-for... -wh-what... is... ri-gh-t-t." I say as my hand turns to dust. "Encre... Who did this?" I hear Fallacy say as a shadow appears over me. "I just got you back... You just began to remember..." Fallacy says looking me in the eyes. "I... l-lo-ove... y-you... Fa-Fallacy... I-I will re-remem... ber... A-A-Again... I... I pro-promise... y-you... th-that." I say with a small smile as everything goes black.