you're back again

Emma's pov:

I haven't had a good conscious in a while.. When I went to walk up to that bridge.. It was like a brick wall was put up.

Don't go. You know its not safe. You'll die or get caught again.

It was very pleasant hearing my mind think better. Maybe the meds do work. Or maybe I feel free of the blurry inside.

I step back and hold my arms. Its getting late and its cold.

Go home and get some rest.

I smile.. And start to search for a place to rent.

I see a library and i look at my debit card. Maybe they will let me check my account online.

I run across the street and I walk in. All the hipsters look at me and roll their eyes. I feel small.

Maybe you should freeze on the street.

Shut up.

I take a deep breath and sit next this boy. He is super cute.

He smiles and moves over to shake my hand.

"Hi, I'm James.. Long day?"

I sigh and shake his hand.

"You wouldnt believe me if i told you."

We sat there and had the longest most meaningful conversation. He showed me how to get to my online budget and was taken back of how much money... I dont have.

$0.97 is left in your bank account.

I felt embarrased.

"I have an appartment.. A-and theres a spare bedroom. I dont mind if yo-"

Before he could finish his sentance. The people who i hated the most walked in.

"Emma where have you been." Josh said as he yanked my arm to get up. "We will take you home cmon."

I yanked my arm back and yelled. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE COMING OVER HERE AND CARING ONLY WHEN I GET BACK AND YOU CAN HAVE ME."

The security brought us outside and I ran as fast as I could. I could feel someone behind me and I was getting tired.

Someone put their hand on my shoulder. And I screamed.

"Emma! It's just me!" James hugged me.

"Lets get going before they come back."

--- ------- ------

Sørry 😶 ❤❤