Prologue

Head pounding.

Heavy breathing.

Thundering heart.

The man raised his head just in time to see a blunt silver flash swinging slowly, aimed for his neck. He barely had time to dodge it. But when he had only manage to dodge the sword, he accidentally missed the second he had to get back on his feet. He was so drained of energy that his legs had crumpled beneath him and he fell over to his side, so that he laid like a very exhausted dog, panting for breath on the cold, rocky ground.

A laugh was heard ahead, which slowly turned into a cackle. Flames flickered in torches, so that the shadow of the attacker was rippling, like an oddly distorted figure cackling his head off.

"Your time has come, Dragintar." the attacker sneered. "You stand no chance, you are alone. Your wife left you, along with your newborn son. Lord Gonzalu couldn't get through the barrier, and all your mortal friends had forgotten you. Pity that you have no one."

The man named Dragintar panted, trying his very best to get up. Sweat rolled down his handsome face as he lifted his head once more to glare at a younger version of Lord Hallela. This Lord Hallela, brown skinned and young, was only starting to get an air of madness. His usually tamed hair looked as if it wasn't combed for days, it was sticking out in all directions, and his eyes had a savouring impression that he was about to get his prey. A gleaming silver sword appeared out of nowhere behind him.

Dragintar yelped, scrambling onto his feet, one hand swiping a few strands of his black hair out of his face. The better to keep an eye on Lord Hallela. Even with this younger Lord Hallela, who wasn't bent down with age yet, Dragintar was quite tall compared to him.

"I couldn't believe that you're the best Light Soul fighter my brother has." Lord Hallela shook his head sadly, even when he swiftly dodged left when Dragintar threw flames at him. The flames burst into life behind Lord Hallela, but was then mysteriously extinguished. "The first time I saw you, I got to admit, you weren't as impressive as I thought."

"You haven't seen the best of me, traitor!" Dragintar roared angrily. He charged forwards, both of his hands on lashing, wild fire, his face contorted with anger, fury, and every feeling that he felt right now...

"Ridiculous." Lord Hallela spat.

Dragintar put all his anger to feed on his fire. They grew brighter and hotter as ever, but it was still nothing compared to his feelings. When he was about to land a fire punch at Lord Hallela's ugly, smirking face, he had disappeared. Dragintar gasped, stopping himself to quickly find where Lord Hallela was, before he could land a blow.

But when he tried to, an elbow flew at him and smacked him right across the face. He felt his nose burst with the impact, and he felt hot liquid trickling down to his mouth. He growled angrily when he saw Lord Hallela cackling madly at him again, his laughter echoing off the walls of his throne room. He gathered some remaining energy left to conjure the most powerful fire he could his hands, and he sure was happy when he saw Lord Hallela's smile flattering.

"HRGAHHH!"

Dragintar hurled with all his might at his attacker. But at the last second, he rather saw Lord Hallela smirk, that's when he knew he was too late to do anything.

Lord Hallela brandished his sword into sight again, and swung them in a large circle in front of him, laughing madly. Dragintar's twin fire strikes disappeared within touch of the silver sword. How can that be? He never saw that happen before...

"Now to end your suffering...you'll thank me."

Lord Hallela pointed his sword towards Dragintar. Two black fire strikes came out of the tip, flying to Dragintar in the speed of light like two hungry creatures. It was too fast, even if he moved out of the way, the impact of the fire would still get on him. And seeing by the looks of the black flames, they weren't much something he wanted to get attacked by. 

But there wasn't any other way left.

There came a great burst of fire. The wave of heat consumed everything in the room, leaving stuff and artefacts on crackling fire. Lord Hallela walked carefully over to where Dragintar once was, which now its floor had opened up to reveal a pit of lava. Lord Hallela stood at the very edge, the heat of the lava burning his face, curiously checking for a sign of life inside it.

Lord Hallela tutted, turning his back against the pit as it seal shut again. "You were always alone, weren't you, Dragintar?"