To Be Seen and Not Seen

Boboiboy gasped. He was so shocked on what he saw that Ying and Fang had walked right into him.

"Hey, what's up?" Fang asked from behind him. 

He looked over Boboiboy's shoulder and gasped too. His slackened grip resulted in Ying stumbling a little.

"What's with the hold up?" came Astor's voice, but Boboiboy and Fang were too stunned to even hear his voice. 

"It's...there." Fang whispered. 

"What's there?" Ying asked, bewildered. "Are they losing their minds?" she added reproachfully to Astor.

"No," Boboiboy said, not looking at her. "The Reality Sphere."

The Reality Sphere, a glowing sphere full of funny moving shapes, sat perched on a jet black platform inside a transparent glass cage that can be easily removed. Around it was two large layers of energy shaped like domes: one red and one green.

"I must admit, I think this is going to be the easiest test of all." Fang said, nodding to himself.

Boboiboy had taken a few steps forward when he collided into something solid.

"What is it?" Astor asked.

Unsure, Boboiboy put his hand in front of him to feel it come into contact with something invisible and solid. He banged his fist against it, but all it made was a gong-like sound that shook his insides. 

"What was that?" Ying whimpered, clutching her ears tightly with both hands.

"It's something like a shield. I can't go through it." Boboiboy grunted, shouldering the shield as it made a gong-like sound again.

"Stop that, will you?" Fang growled irritably.

"Maybe this is like the silver dome?" Astor said, stepping forwards. Once he felt where the invisible shield was, he took in a deep breath, and plunged into it. For some reason, he could feel his surroundings again. It was cold. Really cold.

He shivered as the others cheered behind him.

"Let's see whether my powers can do this too." Fang smirked. 

He pressed on his high-tech glasses and a wave of digital blue surged through him. Then he tried to walk pass the shield, Boboiboy and Ying holding their breath all the while. He went feet first, but suddenly, his boot hit something. 

"What?!" 

He tried again and again, hitting his boot furiously against it. 

"No! Why can't it work?" he roared.

Astor then looked back at the two remaining shields: one green and one red. Something clicked inside his mind.

"I know it means now! The invisible shield must be to prevent mortals from going through."

"That means...?" Boboiboy inquired.

"Only I can move forth." he said grudgingly. 

He didn't like the fact that he was the only one that can move forth. Not that he wanted to brag that he was the only one that can pass through the first shield, and something too told him that the last shield, the red one, won't be that easy.

Feeling the eyes of the others behind him, he continued walking through the green one. It felt like going through a warm layer of water, it felt refreshing. Then here he was, face to face with the red and final shield that stands between him and the Reality Sphere.

To test, he cautiously reached out his right hand to the red shield. What he didn't notice is that at that time, his index finger disappeared out of the lack of energy. Thinking that it would be alright to walk right through the red shield, Astor plunged through it again, but was mistaken.