Grumpy Morning

By the time Astor had returned, he made sure that every single hole that leads into the house is locked. As snores came from Gopal and Fang's room, he moved around the house to ensure for the second time that everything really is locked.

It was an hour later he had sealed the place shut. He sighed. For some reason, he felt weary today. He never felt weary for some time, or was this just worry? Meditation. Yeah, that's just what he needs. He was supposed to have done that five hours ago. Something off schedule should be why he was feeling so tired. 

The household was so silent that he could hear the muffled pounding of his footsteps on the soft carpet. He crept soundlessly into his room, and onto his bed, where he sat cross legged and closed his eyes. 

The clock ticking.

Water dripping.

Scurrying.

His eyes flew open. It was only a minute since he had settled down. He sighed, he had only hoped that it could've been an hour. His current form now aches, he seriously needed rest. But he heard the scurrying again. He instantly jumped out of bed and peeked out of the little gap of his door to check for intruders. No one. He waited, but nothing came. He decided to go out to investigate. 

He went through his door, eyes wary for any sign of intruders. There came a shatter of breaking china coming from the kitchen, and Astor dashed in the speed of light there. In all the mess of pieces of glass, was a-

Mouse?

Astor sighed with relief. It was only a mouse. He picked the little dirty fur ball up to examine it.

"And what are you doing here, little fella?" 

The mouse squeaked, sniffing the edges of Astor's aqua blue palm. Astor smiled at its innocence and cuteness, until the mouse accidentally dropped through his hand and scuttled quickly away. 

Astor cursed. He had one thing to do and he completely failed it. He yawned, checking the time. It was two thirty four in the morning. He trudged sleepily back into his room, not bothering to open the door, and sat back cross-legged on his bed, and felt himself fall into the dream world.

"Astor, are you awake?"

Astor's eyes flickered open to find shafts of light filtered through his bedroom window. Good. He knew he fell asleep with that sign, though his body ached a little with the lack of sleep, but he was sure that it would wear off later. He didn't bother changing his clothes as he went through the wall to find Yaya facing the door.

"Oh," she said, realising that he had came out. She raised her eyebrows at his looks. "What time did you sleep?"

Astor yawned as he went to made himself some coffee. "Two."

Yaya's eyes widened dramatically. "Astor Stevenson bin-"

"Oh, don't even start on my Dad's name." he grumbled, holding his cup of coffee to his mouth. He didn't know why he interjected with Yaya's speech in the first place, he barely do that to anyone. He just felt extra grumpy today. He could see Yaya's shocked face, but pretended he didn't saw it by taking an extra long sip. A moment later, Yaya stormed moodily out of the kitchen.

On her way into the living room, she bumped into Fang and didn't bother to apologise. Fang was most startled by this, thinking that he had done something wrong instead, and was going to apologise when he found himself too surprised to say a word. He shrugged off the apology and continued into the kitchen. 

"Hey..." he greeted enthusiastically to Astor.

"Morning." Astor mumbled.

"What's with- what happened to you?" 

Astor realised that he was looking at him up and down, apparently mesmerised by how awful he looks. 

"Bad night." Astor muttered. 

"Looks like it." Fang nodded. "You might wanna change, cuz my brother had just called in just now to tell us he's arriving in about twenty minutes."

Astor had nearly spat out his coffee through his nose when Fang said that. He was going through a fit of coughing when Fang realised, he sprinted to the sink to grab a cloth.

"Man, you OK? You look like you've just seen a ghost." he said, as he handed Astor the cloth.

Astor could only nod. His eyes were watering, and his hands were merely just dabbing at his chest, since he was shaking so badly, he could barely keep his hands in control.

"You seriously need a bath after this." Fang remarked, after taking a step back to observe Astor. "Really."

Astor shot him a unmistakable glare. "Thanks-" He coughed. "-for the-" He coughed even harder again. "-tip."

Leaving his coffee upon the counter, he stumbled back into his room which was on the left closest of the hallway and the closest to the kitchen's end.

Once he got control of his coughing, he quickly threw out some acceptable-looking clothes and groped from the hanger behind the door for his towel when he realised-

He didn't need to bath. And Kaizo wasn't going to come until the afternoon, it's only eight in the morning. 

"FANG!!"

Outside of Astor's room, two people had been putting their ears against the wall, trying to listen with all their might until a very angry voice yelled, "FANG!!"

Fang fell onto his back, roaring out with laughter while Lia smirked devilishly. 

"He fell for it!" Fang said between breaths of laughter. "He actually fell for it!"

"I know!" Lia shrieked, starting to giggle as they heard sounds of things being overturned from Astor's room. 

"He's had a bad morning, you know. You should leave him alone."

The two pranksters whipped terrifyingly around to see Yaya standing over them, frowning. 

"He wasn't that well this morning." 

"He just needs a laugh." Fang sniggered.

Lia chuckled, but it turned into a nervous one as soon as it has came. "Mate, run. He's coming."

"I'm not supposed to be here," Yaya gasped, taken aback, before flying away into her bedroom and locking the door shut. 

But Lia and Fang were slower than Yaya. And just when they only reached the end of the living room's end of the hallway, Astor's door slammed open.

"STOP RIGHT THERE YOU TWO, BLOODY PRANKSTERS!!"