Two Strangers

With a popping sound, Astor was gone. All that was left was a silver Light Soul, with the rose red spear pierced through it. The Super Six rushed out of their hiding place to snatch it out of harm's reach. 

"Astor!" Boboiboy screeched, shaking the Light Soul furiously with his only arm, as though daring Astor to reform any minute. "Come out! You're scaring me!"

Fang stepped forwards and carefully pulled the rose red out of the Light Soul, which dissipated before he could observe it. Then he thought, of course, only a something similar like Astor can hurt him.

Aspen had settled at the opposite road, panting and exhausted, clutching at a stitch by her side. All eyes turned to glared at her, and she froze in the attention of six invisible laser beams. 

"This is more than I expected today, I'll get going." 

"Oh no you don't-" Lia started, but she had only taken a few steps when Aspen had melted into the ground. Lia roared her fury and began stomping angrily at the stiff ground, as though this might affect Aspen in any way. 

Gopal had his mouth agape since the fight had started, it was as if he had forgotten how to close it. Yaya and Ying were both sobbing quietly, tears streaking down their front. 

Boboiboy turned to Fang helplessly. "He would reform, right?" 

Fang merely bit his lip, as though biting back the horrible truth he might say. Then he considered, "We'll just have to see."

***

How long it had taken them to reach home, Boboiboy did not know. He was so lost in his head, this was the third time happening. He felt vulnerable and weak without his brother, hoping he might pop out of nowhere like how he disappeared, grinning from ear to ear behind him on this shadow dragon, saying in disbelief, "You guys seriously believed that joke? I was merely playing, ya know."

But then it didn't happen when he reached back home. It was already noon when they arrived. Though his body ached with tiredness, he felt wide awake. It was like the day's events had driven him into a mass energy overload. He looked around for something productive to do, to take his mind off Astor's silver Light Soul, which was kept inside its own room, taken care by Yaya. 

Even as he thought for something to do, nothing came up to his mind. Everything seemed dull and boring now, and he spent the day off by sitting on the couch, staring at the empty television, thinking of what to do. Even Ying's call for lunch and dinner didn't matter to him, he didn't feel hungry anyways. When he had snapped out of his trance, he realised it was eleven at night.

The house was unusually quiet, meaning that everyone must have gone back to bed already. Now that he regained feeling, his stomach felt like an acid pool. He quickly dashed off to the kitchen to find something to eat, and only managed to bite off some of Wendy's Butter Biscuits.

His eyes were burning now and he didn't even change as he slumped into bed. He closed his eyes, the softness of the pillow lulling him into sleep.

He was falling through darkness. He tried to stop, but then he can't. With a jolt of hope, he saw there was someone down there to help him- 

But as he got closer, it was only to find it was the glowing rose red Aspen. She laughed as he fell over and over again, unable to stop. Then she turned into Astor, who just stood there sadly, a rose red spear stuck in his chest.

"It's all your fault, Boboiboy. Why didn't you listen to me?" he said in a strance echo.

Next, he was running towards him, screaming him to stop walking away. But he hadn't taken a few steps when a swarm of rose red bullets came pecking at him like a murder of angry crows. And suddenly, it was raining glass, the sound of the shattering china sounded loud in his ears.

His eyes flew open. It had just been a dream...or was it? 

He turned around in his bed in the direction of the door, when he heard muffled voices, talking. He checked the alarm clock on his bedside table on the other side, it was only five in the morning. Who could've waken this early? 

He tried sleeping again, but it was no use. He only knew better than to wake up more than three minutes at night, or else he wouldn't be able to sleep again. Yawning, he got out of bed. Maybe he could catch up with the others. He felt more normal after his sleep, like it had wiped out most of the feelings of Astor's destruction out of his mind. He opened his door to find the house filled with light. This was strange. If it was Yaya, Ying or Lia that had woken up, they wouldn't have turned on all the lights. Maybe it was Fang or Gopal that was awake. 

He was about to move into the living room when he heard voices coming from Astor's room. There was a funny lurch in his stomach, maybe it was Astor that was awake. Excitedly, he tip-toed over to his brother's room, who's door stood slightly ajar, light coming from inside. He readied himself to give him a surprise, but when he opened the door, and opened his mouth to speak, it was to find two complete strangers in there.