Daniel to the Rescue

Lia had just received a funny kind of buzzing from the ground. She rather thought that was a mild signal from Yaya, by shaking the ground, to warn them of danger in her area.

Was Yaya in real trouble? If she is so, she felt that she should be going to help. But at the same time, if there was an enemy, as they expected, she would give an advantage of penetrating their line of defence from her area. Her mind whirled. Was Yaya or the Reality Sphere more important? Of course the Reality Sphere is more important, but Yaya was her friend, and there isn't much trouble about it yet. Yaya is currently in trouble, and it was only one out of four chance of the trespassers to go through her area. 

So, with a last effort of pulling herself out of her line of defence, she sprinted as fast as she could towards where Yaya was. 

When she had arrived, it was to find that Yaya had become nothing more than a crumpled heap on the ground. While wondering where was the others, she tried to check what was wrong with Yaya. Luckily, she was conscious.

"Lia!" she exclaimed, looking shocked and relieved, but nevertheless fine. Lia helped her up. Yaya stumbled clumsily and had to cling onto Lia's shoulder for assistance.

"Why were you on the ground?" Lia asked, puzzled why would she be on the ground if she was alright.

"Something hit my leg!" 

Looking down, Lia saw that Yaya's pink pants were soaked in deep red liquid. 

"I'm alright." Yaya said with the comforting voice she usually had, though it was punctured by her winces.

"We need to tell Astor about this, he can help you-"

"No," Yaya said sharply. "He's in the chamber. Where's Daniel?"

Just then, a figure was seen sprinting towards their direction. Lia had given Yaya's hand a squeeze before putting her down quickly, preparing herself for whatever that was coming-

"Hey, I thought I heard Yaya asking for- ARGH!"

Lia gasped, realising who she had just attacked. 

"Gopal! I'm so, so sorry. I thought you were someone else."

As Lia bent over to check on Gopal, he said in a groan, "Remind me next time to yell my name before running to you."

Gopal got up with ease, then his eyes found Yaya lying on the puffy ground. "Whoa! Yaya, what attacked you?"

"I'm not sure myself." Yaya said grimly. "Did someone bring a painkiller or medicine though? It's getting worse."

"Nope." Gopal said at once. 

"Sorry Yaya, but I don't think anyone brought anything. We didn't expect anyone to get hurt." Lia apologised. 

Suddenly, there was a glimpse of a black cloak hurtling quickly around them. All three of them seemed to have noticed. 

"W-what...what was that?" Gopal squeaked fearfully.

"Keep your guard!" Lia commanded.

Yaya tried with all her might to float inches above the ground, trying to not stand and also avoiding any movements to her legs, especially her left.

No one moved a muscle, letting the silence settle on them. They turned slowly on the spot, eyes scanning here and there for any sign of a black cloak.

"Lia! Look out!" Gopal shouted.

She had only just managed to wrench her eyes away from a golden bush nearby when she saw something glinting red and sharp inches from her face.

"Change into smoke!" 

Right before her terrified eyes, the rose red spear had disappeared in a puff of smoke. Lia panted, clutching her heart which had gone berserk. That was really close.

"Thanks Gopal." she said weakly, but next moment, she was knocked off her feet by a large bundle of black cloak.

Lia tried to push the bundle off her, but the bundle kept pushing her onwards, until-

CLANG!

The once panicking body of Lia crumpled onto the floor as it had came into contact with a chamber's wall. The bundle of black cloak straightened herself, then turned towards Gopal and Yaya, who were standing seventy metres away.

"Aspen!" Yaya shouted furiously. 

"What are you doing here, huh?" Gopal screamed.

"Not only Dragintar is dumb, his friends are also too." Aspen mumbled under her breath.

"What did you say?!" Yaya screeched.

Yaya had came zooming at her, her glowing pink fist held right in front of her. Aspen merely stood her ground, yawning, then dodging to the left when she two inches away. Yaya couldn't change course, so she was forced to fly straight into the chamber wall amidst an explosion of dust, but Aspen was fast enough to not get lost in it.

"How dare you hurt my friends! Gold transformation!" 

As Gopal came dashing to her head first, Aspen was first shocked. But then she smirked and stood her ground. Instead of crushing her like how she crushed Lia, Gopal had run right past her. Confused, Gopal looked up, unsure whether he had missed her. Aspen was still standing with her back against him, her cloak still and unmoving. 

Fuming, Gopal prepared for another head charge. He was sure Aspen won't see this one coming, she didn't even turn back when he was extremely close. But she had jumped out of the way a milisecond earlier, and everything that happened later on happened so fast he didn't know how next moment, he was flying fifty feet through air. 

It was when he had landed with a painful crunch that might've resulted in a broken spine, he had registered what happened. Yaya was trying to get up miles from him, as though she had been hit painfully by something hard, and Gopal could swear, even his golden head felt like swelling.

Meanwhile, out of the line of danger, was Aspen, applausing proudly. 

"Bravo! Excellent move! Need a couple more extra eyes to see where you're going, huh, Yaya and Gopal?" 

But suddenly, she was bounded in silver ropes that sent her toppling to the puffy ground. Startled, Yaya and Gopal looked around to see, instead of Astor, Daniel right standing behind Aspen, one hand held out at her and another clutching a scroll. It looked very odd to see him so serious and maybe even angry.

"Healing shield!" he shouted. 

Mint green energy formed and gathered around Daniel's outstretched arm, and in a burst of sparks, a mint green shield similar to the one they saw Astor had had formed on his arm.

"Go Daniel!" Yaya and Gopal cheered.

Daniel gave one swift disdainful look at the struggling Aspen, and threw his shield right at her.