Aspen Revealed

A stunned silence followed where Yaya looked around in a false curious look.

"What are you talking about?" Yaya asked way too casually. 

"We all know who you are," Astor said, slightly angrily. "And none of your crap will help you any further. Let the real Yaya go."

Yaya simply stood her ground, but her face had a smirk unworthy of her plastered upon it.

"So you found out, eh?" 

Her tone was no longer kind and mellow, it had became more of a snarl and it was in a more lower tone. A red aura surrounded Yaya, then Aspen, in her Death Ghost form, walked out of her body. Boboiboy quickly reacted, catching a pale and unconscious Yaya in his arms, whereas Aspen was not even paying them the slightest of attention.

"It's no use for me stand here, is it?" Aspen said in a challenging voice that the entire library had gone silent to stare at her. "Let's just end it here, today."

She swiped a long rose red sword in an arc. Next moment, the air was thick with dust. Boboiboy coughed, looking around in case Aspen comes for a sudden attack. He unceremoniously shoved Yaya's body aside, as long as it's out of the way, then changed into his Light Soul form. Two flashes of light around him told him that his Fang and Ying had done the same. 

There was a sudden movement and Boboiboy barely had time to dodge it: Astor and Daniel, both father and son, were viciously bearing down upon Aspen. Serporia was helping evacuate the people, while Fang and Ying stood prepared beside him.

Daniel, while attempting to back away, tripped over a book lying on the floor. Aspen took advantage to attack him, but Astor had just came in front of him, holding his mint green shield in front of him. He quickly pushed her back, and next, Fang had taken to fight her. 

"You're no match against us." Fang growled. "Shadow eagle!" 

A shadow of an eagle was made on the floor, which burst out of it to become a realistic one. With flaming red eyes and gleaming black feathers, the shadow eagle glared unblinkingly at Aspen. 

"Get her!" Fang yelled.

Aspen tried to dodge the swerving eagle, but Serporia now had joined in the fight. 

"Petrificus Totalus!"

A jet of white light struck Aspen right in the chest. Her arms and legs snapped together. Before she could even fall forwards, the eagle had bore down upon her. 

The black beast shrieked with every slash it gave her. Unable to do anything, Aspen was stuck in an agonising state as the creature's sharp claws sank into her reddish skin. 

But then suddenly, she had broken free of the curse. 

"Get off me you stinking bird!" 

With one fluid movement of her left arm, the shadow eagle was thrown against a wall of shelves. Books swayed dangerously from the shelves above and rained upon the eagle. The eagle shrieked in pain, and when half the books had fallen in, it dissipated into strings of faded black.

"Now!"

Astor and Daniel both came running in from both sides, holding their mint green shields aloft, with Aspen between them. They were going to crush her. This time Aspen managed to jump as an echoing bang sounded around the library, causing even more books to topple from the upper shelves. 

"Boboiboy, look out!" Ying yelled. 

Boboiboy, who had been focusing on the fight, looked up in alarm. Thousands and thousands of books were coming down to him, they were going to crush him for sure, there was no way to stop them-

But then thin fingers had closed in around his wrist, and he was flying through the air, away from the pile of books which has crushed where he was a millisecond before.

To his right, Ying had let go of his wrist and was panting heavily. 

"You OK?" she asked between breaths.

"Y-yeah...I'm fine." Boboiboy said awkwardly.

His mind was too stunned to even registered what had happened. He was staring at Ying, trying to think up of ways to thank her, when a yell called him back to what was going on.

"Can you two stop standing around and start helping?" Daniel shouted irritably.

But at that moment, Daniel was struck in his back with a pointed rose red dagger. He looked down, surprised, before blood started gushing out of the wound, soaking his blue shirt to scarlet red-

"Wow." he said, looking down at the tip of the dagger protruding from his chest. "That was unexpected." Then he crumpled down.

"DANIEL!" Serporia shrieked, pelting and staggering towards him.

Aspen was about to strike Serporia but then Astor pushed her off her feet, so that he was on top, nose to nose from each other. 

"Don't you dare hurt my family anymore." Astor sneered furiously. He was shaking head to toe, but not from tiredness, but from anger.

"When since you have a family?" Aspen shot back.

Astor roared and punched down at her, but Aspen rolled to her side and he missed.

"Give up, Aspen. It's five against one, you're outnumbered," Ying said, steeling herself.

"Oh," Aspen chuckled, coughing a bit at the same time. "I'm not here to actually fight. I'm merely fighting to serve as a distraction."

"Distraction to what?" Fang called back. "Your unworthy face?" 

Aspen scowled, blowing a strand of red hair out of her face, but did not argue.

"Why waste my energy finishing you filthy animals, when the Reality Sphere will do that for me?"