The Missing Lord

The Super Six in fact, went for the second choice. They decided to depart later on that morning, only because of Gopal moaning about sleep the moment they wanted to embark. So, as dawn sets in, the Super Six were gathered outside in their garden, under the brightening blue sky.

Serporia was to stay behind, since she wasn't a part Guardian Angel like Daniel, and didn't unlock her Light Soul form yet, she only came out to say farewell. 

"Take care yeah, sweetheart." Serporia said as she embraced Daniel in a hug, pecking his forehead.

"Not now, Mom."

Daniel felt his face reddening, and attempted to hide it from the others. Astor, however, didn't bother to look Serporia and Daniel at all. He was looking right into the sky, right maybe where the Gates of Heaven were.

"Quite cloudy. We should be able to get there without needing to be tomorrow's newspaper headline." Astor nodded.

"Everyone ready?" Boboiboy asked at large, who was already in his Light Soul form.

Everyone smiled before disappearing in a blinding flash of light as they transformed into their Light Soul form.

"We'll come back ASAP." Daniel ensured his mother.

"Make sure you do." Serporia nodded curtly.

And they were off. Serporia watched as the eight streaks of light flew straight towards a clump of clouds, disappeared within it. When they were really nowhere to be seen, only then she trooped back into the lonely, deserted house. A moment ago, everyone was rushing about to prepare their themselves, and now there was no one here left except for her. As she sat down on the leathery sofa to watch some TV, she knew all was down to Daniel now. Whether their mission would fail or not, it would all be down to him.

***

Further and further they travelled, the clouds feeling like nothing but denser wind to them. In about no time, a pair of tall, golden grilles loomed out from an especially thick layer of clouds. They slowed down before coming to face the Gates of Heaven, which sparkled and shined under the Sun's steady glare.

Astor moved forwards and gave the grilles a slight push before stepping back. The Gates of Heaven stood unmoved for a moment, before slowly creaking back. As it did, a wave of mist went pass them. It was like opening a door to a cold classroom. The cold should've been overwhelming, but because of their Light Soul form, it did nothing but nearly blowing them off their feet. 

"Whoaa..." Daniel whistled. 

"What, never been to Heaven before?" Astor asked rather rudely. 

"I did," Daniel said, disregarding the rude remark, apparently too amazed to notice. "You brought me here when I was a baby to register as a half-guardian angel, I think. I mean, I won't remember it at all, would I? I was just only a baby..."

"I don't like your tone, boy." Astor puffed. But for all he knew, Daniel ignored him.

They walked together past the pair of grilles to a village made of rectangular block of apartments supported on each another platform of clouds that floated slightly higher above the floor, which was also made out of clouds. Angels, male and female were bustling around as usual, looking too harassed to even greet the Super Six. But they had only taken a few steps in when something most unusual happened.

A blood-curdling, ear-splitting scream reverberated through the air. The Super Six halted, not sure of what they had done wrong. Angels have stopped in their tracks too, curiously checking for the source of the noise. Then they noticed the Super Six, and started putting their hands to their mouths to whisper to whoever that wanted to listen to them. But before Fang could step up to do anything rude, a screeching angel had ran down the twisted path between buildings towards them. He seemed to have lost all sense of direction, because he did not realise he had been crashing into ten people altogether, that the Super Six could see. 

Next thing they knew, he had bumped into Yaya, still screeching words they could not understand. Yaya did not let go of him, however, she had taken him by the shoulders and was shaking him feverishly. 

"Yaya! What're you doing?" Ying asked, alarmed.

The angel slowly then calmed down, then his eyes fell on Yaya and he let out another cry.

"Yaya! Ying! Oh, Gonzalu's beard, you all had come!"

The angel was shaking madly, his eyes seem to dart everywhere possible, and his white cloth looked as though they had just been blew dry with a hurricane while he still wore them.

He howled and broke into fresh tears. Yaya was struggling to keep him upright now that his legs had given out. The angels around were shaking their head disapprovingly, pointing and constantly glancing at him while they whispered to each other.

Then a female angel with long brown hair rushed forwards. 

"We're sorry you have to see this, this is most shameful for us. Bill, what are you doing?" she snapped.

"Oh, Rita, it's just..." he gulped, looking up from his hands, his eyes were bloodshot. "Lord Gonzalu is GONE!"

A/N: A small hiatus would be coming up, which is from Friday (tomorrow) to Sunday, since I'm going to a school trip and won't be able to type much as it will be a very full school trip. I'll try to publish a chapter on Monday, though. So hang in there! (Sorry for the cliffhanger) (Just kidding I'm not sorry)