Starlix in Trouble

The other members of the Super Six were also extremely delighted to hear that Yaya was completely back to normal. But before they left the hospital, Yaya was forced to undergo several checkups before leaving. Surprisingly, all of them showed them negative signs for any means for them to keep Yaya anymore.

"I'm so glad you're OK," Boboiboy said happily as they rode Astor's Grand Livina back home.

"Me too." Yaya grinned, but it faded at once. "I want to tell you something."

Boboboy, realising how her tone had changed to seriousness, nodded. 

"I don't know what hurt me or anything, but I think I know something about it."

She looked around nervously, unsure whether Astor should hear this or not. Boboiboy raised his eyebrows as he waited. Finally, Yaya decided that it was alright for her to speak aloud. Boboiboy himself noticed from the corners of his eyes Astor pretending not to listen, but is secretly eavesdropping. 

"I...saw something red flying my way. And it was really painful, it was like a bullet had gone through me or something. What d'you think that could be?" she asked worriedly in an undertone.

Boboiboy considered it a moment. Something red...

"Dunno." he concluded. "Red...hm..."

***

They arrived back home without much of a hurry, but looking forward to their soft, warm beds waiting for them back in their bedrooms. It was night time and the stars were twinkling down at them, spread across a sheet of pure darkness. 

Boboiboy helped Yaya get back into the house, even though she kept on insisting that she could walk upright without needing anyone's help. The others were surprised that Yaya was discharged so early, and celebrated their return as though they had just won a World War single -handed. But before they could even grab Astor in, he had locked himself in his room. He had better stuff to do than partying tonight.

The first thing he did after making sure the door was locked was extracting an old but well-kept book from a bookcase at the corner of the room. He rushed to his table with it still clutched in his hands, taken a pen, and began scribbling down frantically. 

The notebook he had was the very one he had kept when he was alive. Even then, the book had only been a quarter full, so he decided that he would keep it for further purposes. This notebook was very important to him, as it wrote reminders of stuff he would possibly forget in the future, and it had come in very handy indeed. 

There was currently only two things he could think up of now: Serporia and Yaya's near death by a mysterious attack. 

He jotted them down, writing today's date at the very top of the page before doing so. But a badass idea had just came onto his mind, and currently, he figured out that it was the best way to do so, and no regret should come on later. 

Closing his notebook with a snap, he climbed onto his bed, soft but yet he couldn't feel its temperature. It squashed beneath Astor's weight as he moved to the middle of it, and laid down this time, feeling that he could try a new style of sleeping tonight. 

Then when he rolled over to his side, something sharp poked, or rather went through him, in the hip, only to realise that it was his old power band. 

Now he sat there by the bed, wondering, what had actually happened that he couldn't use his powers? Was it him or the power band's problem, or both? He placed it as his bedside table, lazy to write another note in his notebook, then fell into a sleep full of nightmares.

But sleep went just as fast as it had came. 

It was in the middle of the night when he was woken up by a loud knocking on his door. Thinking of rats again, he peered through the wall behind his bookcase to see who it was. Distinguishable in the darkness by the light of his glowing head was Ying. She noticed at once the head staring at her and rushed over to it. 

"Change and go to the garden quick, and don't make a sound," she whispered, as though scared she might get caught roaming about in the middle of the night. Astor, realising the need to understand in her voice, nodded and had next taken his head back into his room. 

He opened his cupboard when he realised that he didn't know what Ying meant by change. Did that mean they were going to somewhere cold, hot, exposing or private? He didn't know, but he simply took out his favourite pair of clothes of all time: a half-sleeved grey sweater and tight blue jeans. He quickly slipped them on but then paused on the way out, glancing at the innocent power band laying on his bedside table. 

Thinking better of it, he went out into the garden by passing through everything he was going to pass, and emerged later in the early morning, the sky still a shade of sea blue. The others were there too, all except for Boboiboy, wearing their newly laundered hero uniforms and looking sleepy. 

"What time is it? Why did you call me up so early?" Astor asked, it was the only question he could think of asking at the moment.

"Emergency call. In Quakeland. Starlix has some issues." Fang stated simply.

"What issues?" Lia moaned. It was obvious she wanted to go back to sleep than anything else.

But before Fang could answer, Yaya cut in, "Isn't Boboiboy following?"

"No." Astor said flatly.

Gopal suddenly gasped. "Wait, you don't mean Starlix, the capital of Quakeland?"

"Shh! Not so loud," Fang hissed.

"There's only one Starlix in existence, Gopal." Ying rolled her eyes.

"What's the matter with it?" Yaya questioned. 

Fang pursed his lip. "You'll see later, and you won't like it."

***

Boboiboy woke up to the sound of a phone ringing in the still silence. Yawning, he listened for a while longer before realising it was Astor's phone ringtone. He waited for the phone to be picked, but still it rang on and on. What with the sound bugging him, he got up grumpily to get to Astor's room. 

He thought it rather felt funny, like something was missing, but he ignored that feeling. He went Astor's door and knocked, but no answer. He doubled back to checked the clock perched in the living room, it was six minutes to seven. Perhaps Astor was just in a deep sleep, what else can he do?

He was about to go back to his bedroom when a sudden realisation hit him: Gopal's snore was missing.