Restaurant Catastrophe

Drained of energy and completely out of breath, Astor had finally came to a rest with his hands on his knees once a glittering, fancy restaurant was in sight below the darkening sky, which shining white stars were starting to appear.

"I'm gonna kill them," Astor grumbled as he jogged in a slower pace. He couldn't withstand sprinting again, after he had done that from the distance of their house to here, which must be around fifteen kilometres he presume. God he hadn't worked out for so long, lucky he hasn't had burning limbs now. 

The others had already parked the car and were gathered around it, all standing on guard as if they were extra protective of their precious Grand Livina. 

"Ha, finally you've arrived," Gopal said in a tone was close to complain.

Astor didn't say anything but scowl. "Why didn't you guys wait for me?"

Fang whistled and strolled in a casual fashion away, as though he didn't want to get attention. Astor appealed at Kaizo instead, since he was sitting at the passenger's seat beside the driver's.

Kaizo stared at Astor in the eye. It was like staring into an empty hole, perhaps, so empty of emotion that you couldn't tell whether he was angry, sad, happy or not. It was one icy cold stare that sent a shiver down Astor's spine, even if he didn't have one, those piercing red eyes felt as though they were a sword of ice.

"Fang." Kaizo simply replied.

"Fang?" Astor asked, startled, snapping back to reality. Did he just got himself lost in Kaizo's eyes? Didn't that only happen in love stories?

"Once he realised you did the passing through thing again on accident, he took over the wheel."

"And none of you guys told him to wait for me?" Astor asked, surprised about how less they cared that he had ran fifteen kilometres or maybe even more.

"We did try to ask him to stop," Yaya intervened kindly.

"He thought it would be a laugh to cheer up your day," Ying continued, who had just appeared out of nowhere beside Astor, giving him a slight jolt. 

"We're really sorry," Yaya apologised sympathetically. 

Astor gave her a reassuring smile, but when she turned away to follow where Fang has went, he mumbled under his breath, "I seriously don't like Fang's way of a joke."

He was the last to follow the group as they emerged into the five-star, fancy restaurant they had booked. The best in town, from what they've heard. 

The floor was polished much like Heaven's City Hall: everything glinted brightly under the light from the diamond chandelier that hung above their heads. Decorations such as vases planted with healthy, blood red roses and giant, wood-carved statues of pawing horses, eagles in flight and barking dogs were placed in perfect locations around the waiting room. There was a two rows of queues, one that stretched from the front to the double doors they had entered and the other one which was apparently empty, with a person standing in front of a tall wooden platform at the end, talking to a boy with brown hair streaked with white. 

Astor received a nudge from Ying, who pointed above theirs heads to a wooden sign engraved in cursive, golden letters that spelled 'Booking'. They looked below to realise that the empty queue was actually the booking queue, and they walked together to the front to meet up with Boboiboy.

"Heya, Boboiboy," Lia said, waving. 

"Oh, hi," Boboiboy smiled. "Astor!" he exclaimed, once he saw Astor's aqua blue head poking from the crowd. "Glad you're OK, I can explain-"