Chamber of Fears

Before they could see anything other than the opposite stone wall, the doorway behind them had resealed itself. 

"Why must it be so dark in here?" Ying's voice whimpered.

"Because there's no light source, sugar hun." 

"Shut up, Fang."

But Ying was no kidding: this particular room was so dimly lit that all they could see are shiny surfaces, which were barely, that reflected the light coming from torch brackets lining the wall they were facing that had flickered to life. Other than that, Astor also helped a little by lighting up the surrounding space around them. And according to their loud, echoing footsteps as they advanced, the chamber was quite spacey too. 

"What's the test now?" Astor asked plainly nobody as he stared about.

"Or is this is the end already?" Boboiboy suggested.

"I don't think so..." Ying said slowly. "If it is, the Reality Sphere can be seen now."

"Aha!" Fang shouted.

"What 'aha'?" Ying puffed.

"Maybe the Reality Sphere is already gone, Aspen had stolen it already!" 

"Don't say that...let's just...keep moving." 

They had only made a few steps when Boboiboy heard something.

"G-guys, did you hear that?"

When there was no reply, he looked around. The others had gone. But he was distracted from finding them when he heard it again.

"Who's there?" Boboiboy called, his voice shaking with fear.

He stared around, looking for the source of the noise, then his eyes found something he had least wanted to see the most.

***

Astor looked around, his breathing hurried and eyes flickering about. It couldn't be possible. Baby Boboiboy was staring sadly with his big, round eyes. And around baby Boboiboy, was a group of cackling evil box-headed aliens. 

"Stop laughing!" Astor yelled, rushing over to get Boboiboy to safety, but he was held back by a claw-like, powerful grip on his shoulder.

His eyes widened when he realised that it was Feba Bo, smirking wickedly down at him.

"You can do nothing to help, Astor. You spared all those precious Power Spheras of mine, and you will pay."

A tall alien woman nodded and raised her arm above Boboiboy, and something glinted in the light, a blade.

"NO!!!!"

***

Fang was in great difficulty trying to lift a large, moldy boulder, while his brother, Kaizo watched without the slightest look of mercy. 

"Time's up. You have failed." Kaizo said coldly.

Fang let the boulder down with a loud crash that made the ground shake.

"But please, if you only gave me three more seconds, I could've-"

"Time is precious. And your enemy won't give you three seconds. This way, you will learn."

Kaizo brandished his energy sword and cut a deep gash on Fang's leg. Fang howled with pain and clutched his open wound, trying to stop the stem of blood now flowing freely.