Fire And Electricity

A/N: Song above is just for extra dramatic effects. Don't play it yet till I give the cue. And apologies if it doesn't match up.

Aspen then turned her direction to Dragintar's leg, focusing with her powers with all her might. Soon enough, there was a crack and Dragintar fell onto the floor suddenly with a yelp.

"Forgot, you got that power," he grunted, trying to stand even if he had a broken leg now. 

"Yeah, that's right, and what do you have?" she sneered, hoping that he would give in for what she wanted soon.

"Mmm..." Dragintar thought for a while as he attempted to get up. It was as though he had read her mind. "Well then, if you so want it, I'll do it. If only I win, I'll tell you that fact."

A/N: You can start the video now.

Aspen smirked, and electrocuted the entire black space they were at. It glowed with crackling blue electricity, throwing Dragintar into a better light. It so happens that where they appear to be was a tall, cylindrical place. But it was a hundred times larger than the likes of the Library of Ungoz, which was, if said, extremely miniature compared to this huge space. Dragintar wondered where they really were. An infinite space of nothingness?

A surge of lightning surged through him and for a moment he fell back down on his back. When he lifted himself again, it was to see Aspen scowling at him.

"Fascinated enough?" she said, tapping her feet impatiently.

Dragintar smiled. "Very."

And the battle started without haste. 

Aspen dashed towards Dragintar in the speed of light, with her own lightning powers to support her speed. A rose red spear was brandished into her hands as she sprinted, and she lunged it right at Dragintar, but he moved left just in time to see her passing him.

While Aspen preferred spears, Dragintar preferred fiery whips that were actually on fire. He whipped the orange whip at Aspen, which snaked around her waist immediately. Aspen struggled in its tight grip, when she cried out of pain given out by the fire on the whip itself. When Dragintar could see no more continuing of the battle if he held her in, he released her, but instantly went back for attack. He dragged the whip back, and lashed it out quickly at her. 

Aspen shrieked with every fiery strike. But Dragintar, even though he grudgingly wanted to do this, he continued doing it, for if he won, he would be able to tell her, and maybe then they would stop fighting for good.

But when he was thinking, he didn't realise Aspen had gotten up and, with a swish of her black cloak, chopped his burning whip into two good strings. As the useless string now fell onto the black floor, its fire extinguished along with its fierceness. 

Dragintar now quickly ran in in a circle around her, despite his left knee hurting like sore, he hoped to catch some time and space for himself as Aspen shot streaks after streaks of blue lightning at him. He rather thought they were rather hot on his heels: sometimes he could feel a slightly tinge of shock as he ran.

When he was a good distance, he halted and turned around, his mind full of determination of what he was going to do next. 

"Now this is what I call: heating up!" 

He raised both his hands on his sides as a very sharp, orange light filled the room. Aspen looked away from this blinding light as a wave of heat swept past her, her cloak swishing frantically in the air around her, her ears filled with the sound of wind whipping by. Slowly, she opened her eyes.

With two large flaming wings and a solid red hooked beak, Dragintar's signature blazing phoenix shrieked its pride. The shriek was so loud that this time, sound actually echoed in the again black and empty space. The fiery energy given out by the phoenix had extinguished Aspen's powers upon the walls. Aspen bit her lip, thinking hard.