A New Yaya

"I swear, I'm telling you, she's not herself." Astor whispered to Ying one day, while they were both secretly observing Boboiboy and Yaya chatting animatedly in the living room.

"Yeah. I thought so." Ying frowned.

The reason he told Ying first was that she was Yaya's best friend and would probably spot something different about her immediately. And second of all, she's smart and wouldn't accept any rubbish if she thinks it's possible, and usually she would be right.

"I think she's hiding something." Astor said, as Boboiboy and Yaya giggled over something Yaya had said. 

"Why do you say so?" Ying asked, confused.

"I interrogated her and Daniel yesterday. You know, I'm thinking, why is Lia and Gopal's disappearance a mystery when clearly two of them should at least know something about it?"

"Maybe they just disappeared under their noses." Ying shrugged.

"But they should've realised something, shouldn't they? And why would they go missing? Aspen isn't holding any grudge against them, and what more, that Daniel boy is being extremely distant lately." 

Ying sniggered. "He's your son."

"From nineteen years from the future! It's a big gap, you know, anything could've happened then."

Ying playfully rolled her eyes as she watched the couple again. 

"How do you think they got the Reality Sphere, though?" Astor asked out of the sudden.

He expected Ying to brush this crucial topic away, but she frowned and said, "Fishy."

"What's fishy?" Astor said, startled.

"The situation. I don't think the Reality Sphere would be rolling around Heaven, and even if it was supposed to be under Aspen's possession, I don't think she would be the one to leave it rolling about like that. Least I expected to see her running after it."

Astor snorted a laugh.

"I agree. Can you tell the others about it, too? I don't want to look suspicious around the new Yaya." 

"It will be my pleasure." she beamed, making to leave. 

"Hey, Ying." Astor said, caught by a sudden urge to confess.

She turned around. "Yes?"

"I-I appreciate your help in this." was all he could say. He could've said more, but he realised that he had just suddenly lost his voice. 

"No problem at all, metal man." She winked, before really going away this time.

***

Night time had settled in. It had been two days since they had retrieved the Reality Sphere, but it has also been two days since someone new has moved in.

As Yaya was buttoning her nightdress, she looked up into her cabinet mirror, where she smirked at her reflection.

"Two days," she sighed, falsely exasperated. "Two days, and no one noticed anything."

And something most peculiar happened. The mirror flashed and Yaya's reflection changed, but it not matching the one in real life. This Yaya looked utterly horrified. 

"You'll never get away with this. They'll find out soon, and you'll be sorry!" the reflection Yaya said, though she sounded quiet uncertain.

The real life Yaya laughed. "Me? Sorry? It should be Dragintar that should be sorry!"

"Astor knows, I know it." the reflection Yaya said determinedly. 

"Hm...maybe he does...Then he should be next, don't you think?" 

"No!" reflection Yaya exclaimed.

"What? Think that if he's gone, I won't be stopped?" the real life Yaya sneered.

"No. Don't hurt my friends...don't you dare-"

"Oh, is it me? Or is it you that are hurting them? They will think that it's you who has been doing all these bad stuff."

She cackled as she turned away from a stricken reflection Yaya. Once she was far enough from the mirror, the reflection Yaya disappeared.

"Phase one has just begun." the real life Yaya smirked.

***

Ying was happily sending out invitations to everyone in the house that afternoon, though it was rather unnecessary, seeing that they were all living under the same roof.

"Tomorrow, 2pm, party, alright?" she repeated cheerfully to everyone as she passed them a card decorated with many hand-made drawings.

"Uh, OK?" Boboiboy said, confused.

"Wow, a party?" Daniel said excitedly as he and Serporia got their invitations. "I thought you'd never ask!"

"Huh, never thought Ying could be someone to set up a party. The person I would think least to do that would be her." Astor frowned.

Fang, however, looked dreamy when she passed him his. 

"That's why she's my girlfriend..." he said faintly, clutching the invitation close to his heart. Boboiboy swore, out of the corners of his eyes, Fang pecking the invitation with his lips.

Boboiboy looked over at Yaya, who nodded back at him.

"I don't think so we can come, though." Boboiboy told Ying desperately a few hours later. "Me and Yaya are having a little trip, so..."

What he meant to say was a 'date', but he just found it really odd to mention in front of Ying. Surprisingly, Ying smiled even wider.

"Oh, it's OK." Ying chirped. "Just hand me back the invitations. They're made with real effort, you know. Since you're not coming I don't suppose they should be in your careless possession." 

He rather thought this was a bit mean to be coming from Ying, but handed her back the cards he and Yaya received all the same. 

That morning, after having a quick breakfast of eggs and toast, Boboiboy and Yaya departed to Spinnet Highlands in Cycloneland, where they were supposed to be going together. Both were dressed undercover as they were riding a plane there, but little did they know...

A man wearing a long-sleeved black jacket and long trousers that reached his ankles was sitting a few seats behind a silently talking couple. He could be distinguishable by his brown panama hat, as no one else than him was wearing it, seeing that they were in a very cool plane. But the man didn't wore it for fun, he wore it to block out his weird radiation of aqua blue light to passengers around him.

"Astor reporting," the man spoke quietly into his earpiece. "I have them in my sight."