Pass Through

The other group had split up to keep a look out from four different angles. Daniel was to stand guard at the south of Ultimate Chamber 52, Lia at north, Gopal at west and Yaya at east. They were to report to each other using their powers, since their power  bands had transformed into something else in their Light Soul forms, if anything odd was to be sighted. 

Yaya was flying to and fro at the eastern part, like a pink eagle circling the area, searching for prey. Something red caught her eye at below. No, it wouldn't be Aspen, could it? She swooped lower to ground to where she last saw the glint of red light, but there was nothing here. 

Should she inform the others that she might have caught a glimpse of Aspen? Or should she just let that pass, given that it might have been her imagination. While she was still thinking, she heard something creaking. Her eyes darted around frantically, searching for anything that could have made the sound, she was going to activate her powers when-

***

While Fang was being treated by Ying, Astor and Boboiboy were left investigating what seemed to be nothing. There was no other possible way to enter this chamber. If it weren't for his brother's life's sake, Astor would've called this quits minutes ago. So tired he was, he leaned against the silver wall. His had been walking without much of a break for what felt like forever. Probably his tiredness wasn't caused by walking, that couldn't apply to guardian angels, but probably it was because he was just resurrected and had to exercise his projection already.

He closed his eyes for a moment, the feeling of the cold air whipping by his face absent, nor the heat from the glowing rays of the sun. He didn't want to stand too, maybe he should just sit down. Or rather he could just lean in a bit more, but of course it was impossible, this stupid silver wall wouldn't let much of a breath inside it than out. But he suddenly felt like he was able to sink in deeper, and he did. 

He wondered how long he could go unnoticed, but not long later, when he couldn't ignore this feeling, he opened his eyes to find himself in somewhere entirely unexpected. His head was inside the chamber. Panicking slightly, because his fear of being captivated was catching up, he gave a quick look around, memorised it, then hauled himself out. He have to tell the others.

When he was running back to Fang, he bumped by Boboiboy on the way, who seemed to have already given up finding on how to enter the chamber a long time ago. He had his hands in his pants and looked like he was casually strolling around just to take the time off it.

"Sup?" he said on the look on Astor's face. 

But Astor had grabbed his wrist and pulled him along and didn't let go until they were with Fang and Ying, who ceased talking immediately. This somehow gave Astor the impression that they had been talking about something else than the mission they were having right now, but he hadn't got time to lecture them when he had to give valuable information.

While Boboiboy was still rubbing his wrist, scowling at Astor behind his back, Astor breathed, "I found the way in."

Fang instantly leaped onto his feet. Ying raised an eyebrow.

"Did your foot heal that fast? You were whining about it a minute ago." 

"A minute ago is a long time ago. What're we waiting for? Show us the way, Astor."

But Astor was having second thoughts about this. 

"I think I'm the only one that can enter."

"What do you mean?" Boboiboy asked, perplexed, but still scowling slightly.

"It's my passing through abilities. I can go through the the silver walls, but I can't bring anyone along." Astor explained curtly. 

"Ha!" Ying said so suddenly that everyone jumped. "Fang, do you still have your old powers?"

"My what?" he repeated blankly.

"Your alien powers lah!" 

"Oh, yeah! I still do, why?"

Boboiboy seemed to have gotten Ying's brainwave. 

"You can bring us all in!" Boboiboy said gleefully, beaming at Ying. "Genius, Ying!"

"Heh, no problem." she grinned.

Astor went through the silver walls casually by walking backwards. He waited inside the pin-drop silent, dark and empty room for the others to come. From his source of light (which was him himself), all he could see was not far than two metres. The darkness in here was so thick that it seemed to press upon his eyes, and the silence was simply terrifying. He wondered what was taking the others so long to come in. 

Just when he thought he should move on to investigate, three other figures had stumbled in beside him. 

"What took you so long?" Astor asked irritably. 

Boboiboy murmured something his breath about something about arguments. 

"It's so dark in here." Ying said, looking around at the darkness, her eyes wide, trying to look past the sheet of black.

"Light please, Boboiboy," called Fang's voice.

"Oh, sure." 

A ball of golden light appeared in Boboiboy's hand, which he sent into the air, where it flew up higher and higher.

"And...it's gone." Fang said, frowning.

But he was wrong. When at last the light ball had reached the tall ceiling of the chamber, the entire place momentarily flashed sharp golden, then back to normal, where the light is just enough to allow them to see what's around them.

"A maze?" Ying said sheepishly.

Righ in front of them stood twenty feet high hedges grown so wild and thick. The leaves rustled in an eerie fashion, but at least there was no visible darkness inside it.

"Imagine if it's still dark around here." Boboiboy shivered.

There were four openings to the maze. 

"OK, we'll split up." Astor commanded. "When any of us found the exit, send anything up into the air."

"Alright!" everyone replied, and they each dashed into the four different openings that leads into the maze that holds secrets unknown, and perhaps deadly.