Damage and Heal

The two boys hurried behind the large doctor's wake, who was constantly muttering to himself under his breath to himself, drawing confused looks from people passing by them.

"Snake poison...impossible..."

At last, Boboiboy seemed unable to restrain himself from asking again.

"Mr Doctor?"

"Call me Doctor Patrick, please, dear." he said, not looking at them as he woven in and out around people. It gave the impression that he was determined to get back to the operating room as soon as possible.

"Doctor Patrick, then," Boboiboy said, trying to keep up with him. "I'm one of Yaya's friend."

"Good, good to hear..." he murmured, still pushing people out of his path.

"And may I ask what is her condition?" he asked quickly. The question was asked, he must prepare to hear what ever horrors this was. He half regretted asking that, somehow. But the doctor didn't reply until they were outside the operating room. Boboiboy could see several surgeons, around six of them grouped around the middle of the room, a heart monitor visible next to them.

He tried to act casual while trying not to move over to the window. Astor took a good look at the inside, his eyes sweeping everything possible, then addressed the doctor.

"It's not going well, is it?" he asked grimly.

"Not at all." the doctor sighed, looking worryingly at the patient inside. Boboiboy had an idea it was Yaya, it was really obvious, but he dare not  accept the bitter truth.

The doctor then burst into story, even though he didn't seem like he wanted to at all.

"Apparently, several of your friends, Boboiboy-" Boboiboy raised his eyebrows. "-of course I know your name, dear. You're famous! Back to the topic, she was rushed in by a couple of your friends. Mind you, they look very exhausted. They demanded operation straight away for what I taken to be an unconscious pretty girl, and I instantly stood up to the task. Naturally, as I am a surgeon expert. We were doing well, trying to extract the bullet that we expected to be dug deep into her skin. But, what a shock! There wasn't anything at all! I thought this was a mistake, but no, after all my years of experience, this was bound to be a bullet wound. Then another problem rose: the bleeding wouldn't stop. It was as though the thing that hurt her has some kind of poison in it, to prevent the bleeding to stop. What more, the poison is spreading rapidly. And at this rate, I dare say her chance of surviving is lesser than zero. I thought of all the possible poisons that can enter a body and do this, but all the indicators says it is negative. I think this is something else..."

As his voice trailed away, his eyes lingered momentarily on Astor.

"Don't look at me, I didn't do this." Astor said, holding both his hands up in surrender.

"That's it!" Boboiboy shouted in desperation, making both Astor and the doctor jump. "Astor, maybe you'll be able to heal Yaya's wound!"

"Ex-excuse me?" the doctor stammered, still in the state of shock.

"He has healing powers." Boboiboy said simply, tilting his head at Astor.

"It-it might not work." Astor said hesitantly.

"Just give it a try! What d'you think, doctor?"

The doctor blinked several times, still fascinated by the knowledge of Astor's mysterious powers, then got himself together.

"Alright. I-I think it's worth the shot."

***

Astor was bent over Yaya. Nervous and shaking, he moved his hands a few inches above Yaya's wound. Aside from the sound of the heart monitor beeping lazily, as though Yaya's heart was about to give out soon, the room was holding its breath. Doctor Patrick was standing nearby, watching anxiously and ready to pounce in in case something goes wrong. The other surgeons, however, watched quietly from another corner. Boboiboy wasn't even in there to experience the possible wonder. He only had half hope that this would work. And well, if it didn't, he didn't want to be there to watch it all happen. Instead, he stood outside the operation room, right beside the window. But even if he stood outside, this couldn't help block out the muffled sound of the heart monitor's beeping suddenly becoming constant, and without needing a word, knew they had failed. He couldn't even turn his head in the direction of the window for all he knew, lost in a depressing pit because another loved one of his is dead, until there was a yell of surprise from inside, which jolted him out of his thoughts to peer curiously inside.

It was as though a firework had just exploded into a silent, dark night sky. A signal of the slightest hope, though he wasn't sure what he thought to be true. Doctor Patrick and the surgeons were gathered around Astor, who's face etched with a mingled expression of surprise and satisfaction. And also, there was something else-

Glowing green light, like mint green, was consuming the room. But before Boboiboy could look away from the blinding light, it had all gone.

"It worked! He did it!" Doctor Patrick sobbed into his hands as the familiar girl Boboiboy knew stirred. She looked confused at the cheering and sobbing people around her, and at Astor. But when her eyes found Boboiboy, she smiled warmly. Boboiboy didn't knew anything else but to barge into the room and wrap her in the greatest hug he could ever give. Nothing could ever been this lucky.

No other miracle could've been as great as this.

They continued hugging for what felt like an eternity as the people around them still cheered.