Only Two Can Remain

For how long Boboiboy had stood there, staring at Aspen, he did not know. Her words seemed to take forever to be processed, but somehow, fear was clawing in his insides.

"We'll die together, then," Fang breathed with an air of bravado.

Aspen laughed shrilly. 

"You think I would've made the Reality Sphere destroy me? Only two people will survive today. And besides, you're not going to die...simply, you are going to be non-existent."

Boboiboy could even hear Ying's petrified squeak beside him. Even then, he knew who the other one would survive would be...

"What are you waiting for?" Boboiboy screamed at the others. "GET OUT OF HERE!"

They didn't even hesitate to obey. Astor quickly carried Yaya bridal style while Serporia magicked Daniel into the air. The sounds of books crashing around him was loud in his ears as the ground shook, every time more violently. 

Still, Aspen and Boboiboy glared at each other, each daring the other to move. He took no notice even as the ceiling crashed in, and a giant slimy black tentacle appeared out of nowhere.

***

Serporia, Ying, Fang and Astor, still carrying Yaya in his arms, were scampering as if there were no tomorrow down the street, with Daniel floating eerily behind them. 

Around them, buildings were collapsing, sending dust into the air, while large black tentacles sprouted from the very ground itself. Children and both adult like screamed as the tentacles started smashing any thing in its way. A few of these slimy things had even grabbed hold of a few people, most particularly children.

"We can't run, there's too many people to leave behind!" Fang yelled over the screeches of the people and the crumbling of buildings.

Coming to a halt, he turned around to face the mass of squirming tentacles. 

"Shadow slash!" 

A great blade of shadow swiped in the air, causing those nearest Fang to lose its grip on strangled people.

"This way people, c'mon!" a familiar man's voice was heard from nearby.

Astor, Ying and Serporia had joined the fight by helping people escape and, following Fang's lead, chopping off tentacles. 

"If we are going to die-" Serporia said, with her back against to Astor.

"-we'd rather die as heroes!" Astor continued proudly.

Serporia sent ranges of colourful spells at oncoming ones, while Astor sent his mint green shield slashing off in every direction, freeing people as large chunks of slimy black tentacles landed with a shaking crash on the ground. But the shaking it caused was nothing to the rocking of the very earth itself.

"What's the worst that can happen when you have reality as your enemy?" Ying complained as she ran through rubble and dirt and successfully managed to tie a few tentacles together, so that they squirmed, trying to disentangle themselves.

"I only hope that Boboiboy could survive with Aspen without us." Fang said as he stared in the direction of where the library used to be, which now was the most largest tentacle in world he had ever seen. 

If the tentacles snatching people were considered huge, they wouldn't know what to call this one. A reverberating screech came from the king of the tentacles as it bent back, and smashed forwards at exactly where the remainder of the Super Six and their allies were scattered.

***

Meanwhile, Boboiboy and Aspen were circling each other. They were in a space of black with no ends, but yet they could still see each other clearly. Only Aspen mattered now. Only Boboiboy mattered now.

The black walls around them seemed to be fending off the sounds of the chaos that was sure to be happening at this moment. 

"So, Dragintar, have you waited for this moment all along?" Aspen called jeeringly in the black space. It's surprising to hear that her voice did not echo.

Something flashed in Boboiboy's eyes and Aspen knew she finally had what she wanted: for Dragintar to feel the pain, not that immature boy.

"Yes," Dragintar said, his voice now much more deep, still prowling in circles, holding his Light Soul spear behind his back. "But not to kill, unlike you as I have observed. But to apologise."

Aspen snorted. "Yeah right."

Quickly and unexpectedly, she shot a trial of shocking blue lightning towards where Dragintar was once. He jumped and did several backflips. And Aspen, who was desperate, shocked lightning every time he landed, but missed.

At last, Dragintar made to stand up again.

"Please listen to me, Aspen," he said in a kinder tone, it was close to begging. "I have many enemies before, I don't want you to be one."

"Well too bad, because I am!" she shouted out of sheer anger.

She threw a couple of daggers in his directions, which turned invisible halfway. 

Dragintar dodged a few of them swiftly and with style, but caught the last zooming one in his fist. The steady dripping of fresh blood coming from his hand didn't even matter to him, he was more intent on approaching Aspen.

Even though she wanted more than nothing but to kill Dragintar, she suddenly felt a wave of emotions sweep over her. It was in her veins, coursing through her blood, and she couldn't help but back away bit by bit.

"Stop where you are, or I'll kill you!" she screamed.

But Dragintar still came forwards, but not in an intimidating way. He was walking very coolly, but not too cool, he also had a nervous fashion about it and also the look of someone visiting another on a sickbed. He dropped the glowing red dagger on the way, his hand completely covered in his own shockingly red blood, but he didn't bother to mop it away.

"I'll kill you, I swear!" Aspen cried in a tone of most anguish. 

In a threatening way, she shot blue lightning at where Dragintar was, but did not dare actually hurt him. What was she kidding? She loved Dragintar with all her heart, but of all the love, why was she summoned back from the dead, with a destiny to kill her only lover? 

"STOP, I said," Aspen repeated, tears swimming in her eyes. And when Dragintar was still quietly pacing to her, she yelled once more, "STOP!"

This time Dragintar stopped, looking mildly confused.

"Please, let us a moment to talk, and I'll explain," Dragintar said calmly, giving her a reproachful look.

"What do you need to explain? You were just a piece of-"

"I know you wouldn't kill me for one reason." Dragintar sighed, looking sad at the same time. What was he sad about, honestly? That she wouldn't kill him, or was it just to distract her from something more important?

"I would stop at nothing to do that," Aspen said in her usual cold tone.