Chapter 13

Warnings: Blood

~Preston's P.O.V.~

     "Wh-who are you? What do y want from us?" I demand, Rob, Mitch, Jerome, and I taking a step back from the four black-clad figures.

     I mentally note to slap myself later for that awful stuttering.

     "Well... You're going to be dead in a minute, so I guess I'll take the honour of explaining." The shortest one replies, seemingly the leader.

     Like the rest, this person is dressed in all black, but he bears a red and blue diamond on the front of his shirt. The only visible things about him are is a section of his tan skin, and his chocolate brown eyes. That, and the three some throwing stars gripped loosely in his hands. Assassins.

     "His name is Vikk, but many call him Vikkstar123, because he's been renowned to kill people with a mere three throwing stars." Mitch states, glaring at him, "I've seen this trashbag around."
     "Oh ho, trashbag you say? Funny coming from someone I've been hired by before..." Vikk teases, to which Mitch growls.

     Everything about this guy is so calm and collected. He doesn't seem nervousness at all, especially standing in front of Mitch, who he seems to know. It's almost as if he's bored.

     "I guess you could say I'm a part of the Hidden kingdom at the moment... But I only belong to the kingdom that requires my skills. Once the job is done, I simply move onto the next." Vikk drawls on, showing off his throwing stars in almost a taunting way. "The ruler of the Hidden kingdom has paid a generous amount for this task... Which just so happens to be tracking down and killing you, Mitch." Vikk explains, his tone suddenly becoming deadly serious.
     Mitch scoffs, "I'd like to see you try."

     The four of us quickly throw on our armour, and draw our weapons. Jerome wipes the blood form his nose, growling lowly.

     And then a smirk is visible under Vikk's mask, and his eyes narrow. "Let's get em, boys."

     One of the three assassins flanking Vikk slams down a fire charge, and a cloud of smoke puffs up in the air, hiding them from view. It only takes a second for the smoke to drift away, but by then the four assassins are already gone. We all jump back, instantly getting in a tight circle with our backs pressed together, letting us see in all directions. Suddenly my sense flare up with oncoming danger, and I whirl around just in time to deflect three throwing stars with my iron sword. They're hiding in the trees. I realize, seeing a rustle in the leaves.

     Suddenly in a flash there's a green-blue orb whizzing through the air, shattering in the middle of our circle. Instantly the largest of the assassins is appearing in the middle of us, knocking us all to the ground. Three more ender pearls hit the ground by us, and so the battle begins. While Vikk veers off to attack Mitch, the remaining three assassins spread out to combat each one of us.

     ~3rd P.O.V.~

     The assassins that had knocked them all over decides to target Preston, and he rushes at him with two long daggers clutched in his hands. Preston, being the sneaky little cactus he is, let's the assassin come. The daggers jab out in two quick motions, and Preston catches them easily on his sword, absorbing most of the blow. Then with surprising speed, Preston advances to pretty much hug the assassin, heating up to a burning temperature. The assassin wails in pain as his clothes quickly catch fire, squirming out of Preston's grip, and dropping to the gourd in an attempt to snuff out the flames. Then an idea pops into Preston's head.

     Meanwhile Mitch isn't having too much trouble dealing with Vikk. Mitch is stronger, taller, and clearly a more skilled fighter. That, paired with his incredible accuracy with a bow, is what gives him the title of being on of the best fighters. But Vikk is quicker. He's light on his feet, dodging around arrows like their nothing, and retuning fire with his own throwing stars. The starts move faster than an arrow, and it's only by Mitch's diamond armour that protects him form the blades. I just need to get close to him... Mitch realizes, ducking under a throwing star. And right into the path of a second.

     Mitch yells out in pain, the deadly little star slicing deep into his upper arm. Blood instantly spills out of the wound, but Mitch pushes it aside. Because now is his chance. Vikk made the mistake of thinking the blow had dazed Mitch, and is approaching him to stab a dagger likely somewhere fatal. But as soon as he gets within three blocks, Mitch has thrown his bow to the side, and has pulled out a diamond sword. Vikk can't react quick enough to prevent the blade from cutting into his thigh and across his stomach. Shrieking, and skidding across  the ground, Vikk quickly pitches an enderpearl into a nearby tree before Mitch can finish him off. And in the tree, Mitch catches the brief flash of a bright pink liquid spiralling into Vikks mouth. He's about to send an arrow plunging through Vikk's skull when Preston quickly approaches him.

     "Mitch!" Preston calls, the sound of clashing blades from Jerome's and Rob's fights raining in the background.
     "What?!"
     "Okay so you know how Vikk said he was in the Hidden kingdom right now?"
     "...yeah!"
     "What if we..."

The rest of his sentence is incomprehensible to anyone besides Mitch, as not only is it being whispered, but the sounds of clashing blades and screams (from the assassin Preston set on fire) also fill the air. Then Preston leans away, eyeing down his opponent wearily, from the corner of his eye, who has nearly extinguished the flame.

     Mitch regards Preston for a moment, assessing his plan.

"That is a terrible, horrible, incredibly foolish idea." He states bluntly, "Let's do it and see what happens."

~~~
Question of the chapter:

What is Preston thinking?

My answer: Who knows? I do. But I won't tell you XD