Chapter 37

Warnings: Blood

~Vikk's P.O.V.~

"Is that you Vikk?" Ty calls out from across the expansive snowy field, a smirk on his face, "Neveer thought I'd see you here! Look at you! Caring for others... I thought you had lost your moral code!"
I growl, "SHUT UP! I'm not about that life anymore! I've found a better purpose." I snap, gritting my teeth. Sky, Jason, and Ty just snicker.
"Let's begin, shall we?" Sky calls out, fingering the amulet hanging around his neck.

Jerome, Mitch, and I bunch together, griping out weapons tightly as our opponents begin to glow. From all around in the grandstands, cheers and applause erupt as the hybrids and mutants watch the three begin to transform. With a yellow flash of light, fist Sky finished his transformation into Skybrine. His sunglasses disappear, giving sight to two glowing golden eyes, trails of mist spilling form the corners. His outfit of greys and blacks is replaced by a dark grey tunic and lighter grey pants, the gloves on his hands also disappearing. The only thing from his normal outfit that remains is a golden amulet, the amethyst centre now glowing brightly-even in the daylight.

Ty transforms next, a bright aura of purple surrounding him and his body begins to drastically change. The centre of his black headphones shift from a neon green to a vibrant purple, and his eyes change to almost the exact purple of an Enderman. Sharp fangs poke out from his lips as two short purple horns sprout from his head, curving upwards. The skin around his arms and neck begins to turn alarmingly purple, some reaching his face and the purple skin on his arms reaching his elbows. His fingers transform into sharp claws, the same shade of purple as the infected skin on his arms and neck. And finally, to top it all off, huge black wings unfurl from his back, spreading to show their significant size as a tail abruptly appears, lashing with deadly white spikes glinting in the sunlight. The crowd cheers even louder as Enderlox lifts gracefully into the sky, wings beating down powerfully.

Finally Jason transforms into his first form, a white flash surrounding him. His spacesuit disappears, giving view to chestnut brown hair, similar to Mitch's, and rich hazel eyes. But the hazel eyes soon become flooded by white, almost like Herobrine's eyes, and a few black... Things spurt from his head, curving around his hair but not reaching his face. The bat that was fluttering around him transforms with a little flash too, looking like a miniature version of Jason's helmet with little wings sprouting form the side. Two others appear just like it. WitherMU apparently has another form too, that looks more like the Wither, but he doesn't show it quite yet.

"Ready, boys?" Jerome questions, raising Betty in front of him.
"Ready." I state.

Mitch nods.

"LEZZGO!"

~~~

~3rd P.O.V.~

Both teams split up, going to face the other team 1 on 1. Jerome dashes straight at Skybrine, brandishing his axe high above his head, hollering a battle cry. Skybrine advances a few steps, before holding his ground, holding both hands out in front of him as hot yellow flames appear at his palms. Enderlox swoops and propels himself forward, teeth bared and eyes flashing as he speeds towards Mitch, flames held in his claws just like Skybrine's, but purple like Dragons breath. Mitch notches three arrows at once into his bow, pulling back and waiting for Enderlox to draw nearer. WitherMU and Vikk charge each other head on, the ground between them diminishing rapidly. Vikk hurls three throwing stars, but the little space bat things fluttering after WitherMU fly in the way, taking the hit. Three more bats respawn in their place. The new bats swoop and dove at the ground in Vikk's path, knocking away snow, and Vikk dances away from the holes, pulling out a dagger and cutting down the bats quickly. Once again, three new ones appear at WitherMU's side.

Jerome yells in fury as he brings his axe down at Skybrine, aiming to wound but not kill him. Skybrine calmly steps back, and the axe whistles by, knocking out the snow where he was just standing. He lets the yellow flames in his palms fly, rapidly melting the snow under Jerome's feet, and singeing him a little in the process. Jerome hisses in pain, hopping away from the holes where he was just standing. Snarling, Jerome hops over the damaged ground to engage Skybrine, swinging to skim his torso. A golden sword quickly appears in his hands, deflecting Jerome's axe away with a simple flick of the wrist, causing Jerome to stumble. Skybrine smirks.

"Come on, Jerome. Is that all you've got? You've become more predictable than I remember..."

    Skybrine then takes the offence, striking forward with superhuman speed at Jerome. Jerome feints to the side, but the blade still nicks his forearm, a thin trail of blood appearing soon after. Skybrine then summons more fire, creating a jagged gap in the one block thick ground beneath them, quickly making the gap too wide for Jerome to jump over. Using the distance to his advantage, Skybrine pelts the snow at Jerome's feet with his yellow fire, forcing Jerome to move lightly on his feet and dodge, constantly driving him away. Jerome, a plan coming into mind, decides to skirt around the edge of the gap, all the while moving around holes that appear by the second. Skybrine, believing Jerome is trying to make his way around, shifts his aim to make the gap longer. Jerome perks up when he does this, blissfully realizing he fell for his trap.

     Lunging forward, arms outstretched, Jerome moves to capture Skybrine in a diving tackle. But Skybrine is no fool, and sensed what Jerome was about to do just before he did it. Whipping out his sword, Skybrine steps out of the way, and Jerome crashes to the ground, snow whipping at his face and momentarily blinding him. Skybrine wastes no time in springing forward, slicing his sword at both of Jerome's legs, getting several gashes in before Jerome howls in pain and rage, rearing and reaching to grab Skybrine. Only to find he's trapped on a three by three area of snow, a ring of emptiness surrounding the gravity defying platform. Blood taints the white snow beneath him as Jerome glares at Skybrine, crippled and unable to make the jump to reach him again. Nonetheless he attempts to stand, only to fall again with a hiss of pain, the fresh wounds on his legs preventing his movement.

    "Good try Jerome, better luck next time." Skybrine teases, throwing a cluster of flames at the snow underneath Jerome.

    But moments before the flames hit, Jerome, in a state of grim determination, grips Betty tightly and throws blindly st the ground near Skybrine. Then he's overwhelmed at the sensation of falling, before crashing into the water underneath the arena. But he's not the only one, because Skybrine soon joins him, splashing into the water and resurfacing with a mask of shock on his face. Jerome smirks at him, treading water, and trying to ignore the pain in his legs.

     "Good try Sky, better luck next time." Jerome mimics, Sky frowning as he resumes his regular form, refusing to believe how easily he'd been matched.

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Reactions so far?

My answer: I think it's going well :)