Chapter 14

Warnings: Blood

~3rd P.O.V.~

Rob and Jerome are fighting back to back, slashing, jabbing, and shooting arrows at the assassins. Most of their shots hit, but the fact is mutual, as they too are suffering from sneaky well places strikes. Jerome's nose is still caked in blood from his sparring earlier with Mitch, and there's a shallow but long cut just above his eyebrow, bright red blood dripping freely. A deep gash runs the length of Jerome's forearm, making it near impossible for him to wield his axe, Betty, properly. So instead he opts for an iron sword instead, which he can wield with his good arm whereas he bears his razor sharp claws on the injured one-which is a good alternative. Other than that, his diamond armour does a good job shielding his body, the most damage being done perhaps being a small bruise. Rob, on the other hand, isn't doing as well with his iron armour.

The assassins he's facing has an enchanted bow, and from the looks and feel of it, it's enchanted with a least Power III. An arrow has already penetrated deep into his thigh, spilling blood and staining his gleaming silver armour red. Due to the pain racking through his body, Rob has to remain stationary, wether it be shooting his bow or slashing out with his sword. He doesn't pull the arrow out, because he knows it's blocking most of the blood that would otherwise be gushing out, even if it's causing him incredible amount of pain. And plus, he's already lost a dizzying amount of blood from an arrow that had sailed through his armour, and skimmed his side, a nasty blow to the face chasing blood to dribble out of his mouth, a slash on his upper arm, and a diagonal cut across his chest. The cut isn't fatal thankfully, due to his chest plate, but it still does a fair bit of damage.

With a grunt of fury, Rob gives a harsh kick to the assassins crotch, who had made the mistake of venturing too close. Jerome performs a perfectly executed left hook, catching his opponent in the liver and causing him to stumble back, gasping in pain. While one assassin rolls on the ground, clutching his nuts, and the other is paralyzed by the devastating blow to his liver, Preston takes the moment to rush to their sides, his opponent still snuffing out the last of his flames.

"Rob, do you still have a few enderpearls?" Preston questions the moment he arrives to their sides.
"Yeah, I have three. What are you thinking?" Rob confirms, while Jerome doubles over,maps ting and catching his breath.
"We're trying a crazy idea, but we need to warp outta here. I was going to say you should probably keep your enemies busy some how... But I see you've already managed that." Preston briefs, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.
"But what about Mitch?" Jerome inquiries, while Rob hands an enderpearl to both him and Preston.
"Don't worry about him," Preston assures, glancing over his shoulder to where Mitch is once again fighting Vikk. "He knows what he's doing."

And with that Preston turns, and pitches an enderpearls as far as he can into the forest, disappearing a second later in a puff of purple particles. Jerome and Rob exchange a confused glance, shrug, and follow after Preston. Mitch, seeing the two poof away, subconsciously readies his own enderpearl in the main space of his inventory.

"Oh what a shame, it seems your little friends have abandoned you." Vikk sneers, kneeing Mitch in the gut and following up by slashing at Mitch's face with a dagger.

Mitch leans backs from the strike, but the tip of it catches his cheek. Eyes wide, Mitch lifts tentative finger to his face, drawing them away with fresh blood. He glares at Vikk, deciding enough is enough.

"You keep telling yourself that." Mitch taunts, flicking the blood from his fingers.

Mitch then, moving with almost inhuman speed, tackles Vikk and brings him into a tight headlock from behind, squeezing hard around his neck. Vikk shocked, tries to step aside and elbow Mitch in the chest. But he ends up doing more damage to himself if anything, due to the rock hard surface of Mitch's diamond armour.

"I could kill you right now." Mitch reminds Vikk, squeezing harder around his neck to prove his point.

Vikk gasps for air, automatically looking to his helpers for aidance. But they're still recovering from their own fights. Vikk curses under his breath.

"Then wh-why don't you?" Vikk prompts, hands moving to feebly claw at Mitch's forearm, locking his head with a vice grip.

Mitch doesn't answer. Instead, he swiftly releases Vikk from the hold, who stumbles forward dizzily form the lack of oxygen in his brain. Mitch steps forward, slamming Vikk on the back of his head with the butt of his diamond sword. Vikk stiffens, falling limp face-down on the ground with a thud. Then silently, Mitch stoops down and takes hold of Vikk's forearm. He takes once last glance at the three newbie assassins, now shouting in anger and starting to charge Mitch, desperately attempting to rescue their leader. But before they can come anywhere near him, Mitch hurls an enderpearl into the distance, disappearing a few seconds later... And taking Vikk with him.

~~~

~Jerome's P.O.V.~

"Do... Do you think he made it?" I wheeze, wiping the blood away from my brow, which is quickly replaced.

But there's no need to reply, because before I even finish, there's a sound of snapping branches and rustling leaves. A second later and the blur that is Mitch falls to the ground, a blacked out assassin landing almost directly on him. With a grunt of effort, Mitch shoves the limp form off of him, pushing himself to his feet and dusting himself off. He plucks a twig from his hair, flicking it to the side with a frown.

"Woah dude, Mitch has barley a scratch on him." I overhear Preston whisper to Rob.
Rob nods eagerly, "I'm glad he's on our side."

And it's true. Mitch only has a small scratch on his cheek, just below his eye, and a small cut on the top of his hand, which is more like a scratch than anything.

"I still don't understand why we had to take him." Mitch grumbles to no one in particular, gazing at Vikk with disdain.
"The sun is going to set soon. Let's set up a shelter for the night and wait for him to wake up." Rob plans, brushing off Mitch's comment.

We all nod our agreement, Preston moving and picking up Vikk, and then tailing after Mitch and I as we follow Rob, deeper into the forest.

As Preston sets Vikk down against a tree, and begins to put together a shelter (after restraining Vikk), Mitch steps up to my side. I flash him a look to acknowledge his presence, before returning my gaze to watch Preston assemble the structure, and tending to my wounds much like Rob.

"That's a nasty gash you've got there." Mitch comments, nodding his head towards the open wound on my forearm.
I frown. "It's not as bad as Rob's. He has an arrow stuck in his thigh."

To accompany this, a small cry of paint rings out as Rob yanks the projectile from his leg, quickly pressing a piece of damp cloth against it to halt to flow of blood. Mitch takes a seat beside me on the lush forest ground, watching with mild interest as I wrap a makeshift cloth around my arm, wincing at the sting. After this follows a short period of silence, besides the small thunks of blocks as Preston places them down.

"I never did thank you, did I?" Mitch suddenly asks, causing me to stop bandaging my arm and glance at him curiously.
"For what?"
"For saving my life."
"Oh. Uh... No I guess you didn't." I point out awkwardly, shifting my gaze back to my arm.

After literally knocking him out, tying him to a tree, and pretty much forcing him to join us... The last thing I expected him to do was thank me. Even if I did save his life.

"Well... Then thank you." He states, smiling.

And with that he stands, and walks off to help Preston. I watch him go with a small grin.

~~~
Question of the chapter:

What will Vikk's reaction be?

My answer: 🤐