IV.

There was a light knock on the door as Cersei slid her hand under the covers to touch me and I cursed whoever was in the hall silently.

"You must hide, love." I whispered. "Give me a moment!" I stood from the bed, pulling up my pants and throwing on my blouse. When I turned, Cersei was gone, along with the sheets. I sighed and chuckled lightly, opening the door.

I stopped smiling once I found Sansa there.

"I heard you moaning." She said. "Who was just here?"

"No one." I responded, perhaps a little too quickly.

"What high lord have you brought into your bed, sister?" She asked, peering around me.

"No lord, I swear."

"Ah," she smiled crookedly. "A lady then. Have you bedded a lady?"

"If I had, it wouldn't be any of your concern, Sansa." I spoke, and she pushed past me, sitting down on the bed.

"It smells like lavender." She commented, and I crossed my arms.

"Why have you come? To accuse me of bedding someone? To gossip? What is it?"

"I came to ask you a question." She said truthfully, playing with a strand of her bright red hair. It was the shade of our mother's. I missed her, and hoped to see her again.

"Ask." I replied, and she motioned for me to sit. I did.

"Tell me, sister, why is it that father gave me to Joffrey, and not you? What I mean is... you're older than I. Shouldn't you have been betrothed first?"

I pondered this for several moments, before responding, "I... don't know, sister. Honest. And I'm afraid I can't ask."

She stood and left the room abruptly as I went to comfort her, and I wanted to go after her, but I just couldn't. I needed time, and I hoped that that was all she needed as well.