XVIII.

Thanks for reading this chapter😘 And the one before that, and the one before that, and... anyways. This one's the longest yet, loves😉.

   Cersei seemed a bit off as she walked into Maegor's Holdfast, Tommen close by her side and the mute Executioner, Ilyn Payne walking behind her heavy heels. Babies screamed and Cersei, in red and gold, walked right past my sister, her handmaiden and I, sitting close beside each other, and went directly to where the wine was kept before sitting down.

Sansa seemed a bit uneasy at her arrival, squeezing my hand. "I don't know why she wants me here." She said to her handmaiden, a foreign girl she trusted greatly. "She's always saying how stupid I am. She hates me."

"Maybe she hates you less than she hates everyone else." Sansa's handmaiden, Shae, spoke, leaning in. I furrowed my brow at this exchange, and squeezed my sister's hand comfortingly.

"Don't worry about it." I said, and she rolled her eyes at me, turning back to Shae.

"I doubt it."

"Maybe she's jealous of you."

Perhaps, I thought to myself. Along with Sansa being odd and with sharp temper these past few days she had been bleeding, Cersei had been tormenting her every chance she got, and trying to keep me to herself as much as possible.

"Why would she be jealous of you?"

"Sansa." I heard Cersei say, her voice laced with undertones of annoyance. "Paityn."

I looked up as she said my name, Sansa dropping my hand to stand up. I hesitantly followed her, nervous as to what the Queen would say to her now.

"I was wondering where our little dove had flown." She said to my sister as I stood awkwardly to the side, being ignored. "You look pale, child. Is your red flower still blooming?"

"Yes." Sansa nodded quickly, not as eager to talk about the subject as Cersei.

"Fitting, isn't it?" The older woman asked, tilting her head. "The men will bleed out there and you will bleed in here. Pour Lady Sansa some wine." She said quickly, picking a cup and handing it to her bearer. "And her sister." Her eyes settled on mine and there was this challenging look about them, like she was eager for me to say something out of place, so she could embarrass me in front of all these people- women, yes, but still people.

"I'm not thirsty, Your Grace." Sansa began, but the Queen shrugged.

"So? I didn't offer you water." Cersei handed my sister her cup first and mine afterwards, our fingertips brushing dangerously. Sansa took it while I nodded my thanks, grateful for the numbing I had received.

I saw the girl's eyes flicker to the Executioner's face tentatively, her uneasiness intensifying. I wanted to grab her hand, but I felt she wouldn't take it this time, and Cersei would only torture her further.

"What's he doing here?"

"Ser Ilyn?" She replied in question. "He's here to defend us. When the axes smash down those doors, you may be glad to have him." She gestured slightly in a general direction with her glass, and I knew that it wasn't her first of the night, and definitely not her last. She was going to drink her way through this war, tormenting me and Sansa in the process, all while I sat idly by. There wasn't anything I could do, and I certainly couldn't speak against her with so many people around.

"But we have guards to defend us." Sansa said, and I looked down at the floor. She could be very ignorant at times. Ser Ilyn wasn't here to defend us. Even I knew that, and I know nothing.