XLVII.

Oh look at that asshole over there! *flashing red arrow points at me*

Here is your update my loves ❣️

   She looked beautiful and sad as she entered my room that morning, dressed in black patterned with faint golden daggers. Her blonde hair was pulled back and her long curls rested on both shoulders. She came to me without saying a word and rubbed my arms, her glistening emerald eyes not quite meeting mine.

"Let me help you dress." She said softly, and I nodded, leaning in to plant a small kiss on her lips. She squeezed my shoulders lightly and tried to smile, but I could see that her grief was hitting her hard. I wished that we didn't have to go, so that her and I could lay in bed together and forget the world.

"You don't have many dresses." She noted once she was standing in front of my closet, shifting her fingers between the materials of different blouses and jackets.

"I don't." I replied, looping my arms around her waist. She sighed softly as I began to play with the lion pendant between her breasts.

She leaned back into my touch and closed her eyes. "Must there be a trial?" She asked, and I kissed her temple.

"The gods will do as they see fit, whichever gods they may be."

"You know I don't believe in them-"

"It doesn't matter if you believe in them or not." I told her, the hairs on the back of her neck arising from my breath caressing her skin. "There's something there; doing justice and holding us together."

"I think we're just strong." She said. "And justice comes even to those who don't deserve it."

"That's not me." I spoke into her shoulder. "I'm not strong, like you or my sisters or my brothers, my mother and father..."

"There are so many ways to be strong, little wolf." She turned in my arms and pulled my front against hers, brushing my face gently with her fingers.

"Damn it, I love you." I whispered to her, and she kissed me firmly on the lips. They still felt like heaven, and tasted like sweet wine, despite her grief.

"You must get ready if you wish to visit him before the trial." She sniffed quietly as she pulled away, and went back to the closet. I sighed softly as she dug into the back, pulling out a dark grey gown, the hem, neckline, and sleeves decorated with small golden lions. I gasped in awe.

"When did that get there?" I asked, and a small smile graced her lips.

"I had it made for you." She held it out to me, and I felt the fabric between my fingers. "As a gift. I meant to give it to you on your wedding night. I know that you don't like gowns very much, but-"

"Thank you." I whispered, my arms quickly snaking around her neck and lightly squeezing, peppering kisses all over the side of her face.

When I pulled back, there was a pink tint to her cheeks, and she shyly offered the gown to me.

"Slow down. It's too nice of a job to rush." She mumbled as I began quickly getting undressed, pausing to look back and roll my eyes at her.

The sleeves were long and warm as she helped me slip my arms into them, clasping it comfortably at the waist.

"You look beautiful." She told me as she pushed my hair behind my shoulders and ran her fingers through its soft curls, brushing the back of my neck in the process. I shivered as she did this, and she snickered quietly, purposefully moving her fingertips back over the sensitive skin.