VI.

My Eldest Daughter, Paityn,

   I trust that if you're reading this, my faith in Lord Baelish and Lord Varys was not misplaced at least once. Also, if you're reading this, I have gone to seen the gods we have spoken about for years. Joffrey took my head off, most likely. Cersei told me before my trial that she would grant me mercy, if only for my children, but I have a feeling that Joffrey will not. So I am writing this letter by the light of a lantern in the dungeons, using parchment and a quill from Lord Varys.

   I have a very important question to answer to you. And I'm sure that your sister, Sansa, shall want to know the answer as well. Why did I give her to Joffrey instead of you, my eldest daughter, more prepared for betrothal than thirteen year old Sansa? I know of your unnatural preference, my daughter. You are drawn to women and girls, instead of men and boys. I didn't want you to have to suffer through an unhappy marriage, rather let you go out and find a lady that you love, and run away together, but I fear that I was too late.

   I saw your affair with the Queen at the feast in Winterfell. I didn't see you sitting with your brothers and sisters, so I looked for you in your room. When I didn't find you, I heard words and sounds, so I followed them. I found you in the Queen's guest room, committing an act of treason. King Robert could have had you beheaded just like that, and I know that Joffrey would certainly do the same. I've seen what kind of cruel he is. You must be careful. I know that Cersei has had relations with her brother, it's how your brother became paralyzed; he caught them when he was climbing. You must keep privy your relationship, or I fear for your life. From Jaime, their father, Tywin Lannister, Joffrey, and even your lover, Cersei. I love you, my daughter. Live long and keep your sisters safe.

Your Father, Eddard Stark