XLV.

Look who has 7k reads😊 And look who's been updating every two to three days😕 I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm making a slight change to the schedule. I'm going back to school in a few days, so I'm not sure how consistent I can be. Perhaps a chapter every two, three days like lI have been, so those who are in agony or anticipation for my new update every time, I'm sooooo sorry, and much love😙 Thanks for sticking with me and my problematic ass.

   "Paityn. Paityn. Paityn!" A frantic whisper came in my ear and I sat up, my forehead knocking against Cersei's, whose face must have been hovering above my own. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and reached for her hand in the darkness. When it brushed her face, however, she flinched, and she dug her nails into my arm, making me almost cry out.

   "Cersei, love, what's wrong?" I asked, and let out a soft sob, pulling me closer to her side. I wrapped my arm around her shaking shoulders and kissed her sweaty temple, waiting for her to say something.

   "I had a night terror." She said in a heaving whisper.

   "What about?" I asked, heavy-hearted by her horror.

   "Him." She held my hand to her cheek and sobbed, the tears running in between my fingers; hot and wet. "It was like the other night. He took me from behind and wrapped his fingers around my throat..."

   "He'll never hurt you again." I said, and pulled her even closer. "I swear it."

   "I want to trust you." She took a shaky breath, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

   "What do you mean? You can trust me. Everything I say to you is true. Why would you think otherwise?" I pressed my forehead to hers and she sighed.

   "I told you about the witch I went to, the frog, Maggy... whatever." She expressed, her fingers tightening between my own as she grasped my hand. "She told me that a younger and more beautiful queen would come, and that I would have three trueborn children who would die before me, and that my valonqar would wrap his fingers around my throat and choke the life from me."

   "Little brother." I mumbled.

   "I always thought it was going to be Tyrion, but now, I'm not so sure." She shook her head and buried her face in my chest, my eyes adjusting better to the darkness.

   "I won't let some stupid prophecy kill you." I told her. "Or some stupid, soiled knight."

   She took a deep breath and let it out, quite a bit calmer now, though still visibly troubled. I squeezed her hand and moved to get out of the bed, swinging my legs over the side.

   "Where are you going?" She asked, quickly grabbing my shoulder. I turned and pressed a firm kiss to her lips, feeling her fingers loosen on my shirt.

   "To light a candle, love. And pour some wine."

   "Aren't you romantic?" She sighed, and I grinned, kissing her once more before getting up and slowly walking over to the oak desk, lighting the several wicks that sat on the golden candelabra.

   Once I could see, I looked back at her beautiful face and bit my bottom lip, seeing her awaiting me on the edge of the bed.

   "I love you." I told her as I set the filled cup of wine in her hand, and she looked down, her face flushed in the candlelight.

   "I love you too, Paityn." She took a sip and grabbed my hand, pulling me to sit beside her. "Thank you." She whispered as her lips touched mine briefly, the taste of summerwine that I had not yet tasted on her lips.