XX.

Just to clear some things up, this is a solely TV-based Game of Thrones fanfiction, if you didn't guess that already, so all the characters are the ages they are in Game of Thrones, and not A Song of Ice and Fire. For example, Jon, Robb, and Joffrey are all approximately seventeen in this given story particularly, because it is based around the time of season 2. This would make Cersei roughly thirty seven years old, and Paityn is written as sixteen (thirty six and fifteen in flashback.) I warned you about the age gap, if you're not cool with it, then it's okay, I just wanted to warn you one more time because there will be some references to their gap in their ages in this chapter and future chapters. Thank you for reading, loves😊

   "So that's why you didn't want me there." I said as I stood near the door in Cersei's chambers, while she leaned against the desk, her back facing me.

"It's all fallen on me." She whispered, just loud enough so that I could hear. "I have to do what I can to strengthen my son's claim to the throne and make people fear me. You have to make sure that the people following you fear you more than they do the enemy."

"Are we really going to have this fight again?" I asked her. "What are you going to with her now?"

"Not marry her to my son, I thought that's what you wanted!"

"We have no reason to stay here any longer, and you know that your son will still abuse my sister, even if they aren't betrothed. Perhaps even more so now." I expressed, and she sighed, pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Pour me one too, please." I asked, sitting down.

"Why were you there, anyways?" She asked, obliging. "I thought I told you to rest."

"My curiosity got the best of me. Cersei..." I began, and she handed me the glass.

"Yes?"

"Why do you hate Sansa so?" I inquired. "Are you afraid because she is my family, that I would choose her over you?"

"You would, wouldn't you though?" She asked, confirming my suspicion.

"I want her to be safe. And I know that the only way she can be safe is that she stays with me. Until our family takes back Winterfell and the Starks hold the North again."

"Joffrey is my first born son." She said after I had finished. "I didn't want him manipulated so easily by houses or people I weren't familiar with. That's what I thought she was trying to do. Listen, my love, I know I can be enticed by the sexuality of power and money, but I would give up everything for you. Winterfell in the North, Dorne in the South, the Dothraki Sea in the East, the Iron Islands in the West... I would give you everything and more, even if I had to rip it from the cold hands of death, or go to the hottest of the seven hells, or take it from the gods themselves... I would do anything for you, my love. Kill, die, live..."

"I would never ask you to do that." I told her, cupping her face with my hands. She did the same to me, our wine glasses discarded.

"I thought Jaime and I belonged together." She said. "Ever since I was born. We were in a womb together, we grew up together, but I never had the chance to meet the who made me complete like you do until my husband dragged me on that trip to Winterfell."

"Is it bad to say I'm so glad he did?" I smiled, and she chuckled.

"I would've been offended if you didn't." She returned the smile, the corners of her eyes crinkling as she did this. As we breathed the same air, she asked me, "will you still love me when I'm old and grey?"

"Would you still love me?" I asked, and she nodded. "Likewise." I said. "And don't be so terrified of aging faster than me."
"You know... I was twenty one when you were born. I was already married to Robert for around three years and your mother and father already had two children, though one was the bastard, Jon. They were both a year old, and Robert, since we had missed Robb's birth for reasons I can't remember, and my husband had been with your father when he brought home the bastard boy, he insisted that we go see you, even though I'd already had a miscarriage and birthed a child, who was about the same age as your brothers at the time. So, we travelled up to Winterfell, Catelyn and I bonded some over our children, that kind of thing... and then when you were proclaimed in the light of the seven as Paityn Stark, with your little brown eyes and your patches of dark hair and your small hand wrapped around my finger... I honestly had no idea I would be loving that small thing until I saw you again at Winterfell, roughly fifteen years later. Forgive me, I sound crazy."