XXXIII.

1st order of business, the season 7 premiere was EPIC. 2nd, here is a new chapter. Thanks for reading😙 Short but sweet chapter

"So, I'm assuming Tyrion told you about... the wedding." She sighed, staring into her cup as I walked into her chambers, shutting the door behind me.

"Yes... and I'm assuming that there's something bad you need to tell me."

"My father, as I've told you, cares more about his family's legacy than his actual family. You and Tyrion will be married to secure the North and, when the time comes, will breed more Lannisters, and Loras and I will be married to secure the Reach and, before the time comes for me, we will breed more Lannisters." She told me, and I poured myself a glass of wine, sitting heavily beside her.

"You build one bridge and the other one comes crashing down." I shook my head. "I thought that this would work out, that I would stay in King's Landing and still see you..."

"I'm sorry." She said, and that was all she said.

"Come here." I told her, and she looked at me. It was then I noticed the tears that glazed her emerald eyes. I turned my entire body to face her and crossed my legs on the bed, taking her hands. She took both of our glasses and set them down, mirroring my actions. Once we sat in front of each other, our fingers laced together, I kissed her knuckles and told her everything I knew.

"The sun rises in the east and sets in the west," I told her. "We breathe, and our hearts beat. I am a Stark of Winterfell, our sigil is the direwolf. You are a Lannister of Casterly Rock, your sigil is the lion. We are sworn enemies since my mother took your brother captive under the false idea that he had tried to murder my own brother. I have three trueborn brothers-"

She put a finger over my lips to shush me. "Tell what you truly know and not what you've been taught. Tell me what you know in your heart."

"I know that I love you." I told her, leaning into her touch as she cupped my face.

"How do you know?" She asked. "Have you ever loved before?"

"No." I replied. "I just know it in my heart. When I see you, it beats a little faster, and when you touch me, my whole body responds. I have a storm in my stomach every time I hear you speak and you always taste like summerwine. You're the most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms and a great mother. If I could shout from the rooftops that you belong to me and I belong to you, then I would." I brushed away the small tears that gathered on her cheek with my thumb.

"Kiss me." She said, and I did, holding her face in my hands as I pressed my lips to hers; gingerly at first, but then more passionately when she climbed into my lap and tilted my head back, my hands holding her waist steadily.

"I love you so much." She murmured when breathing became a problem and rested her forehead against mine.

"I love you too." I told her honestly, her fingers slipping between my own once more. "Can we... just forget that we have responsibilities and lay here together?" I asked her, and she pushed me onto my back, positioning herself between my open legs, resting her head on my chest.

"The council can miss me today, for all that I care." She spoke softly as I took my free hand and felt her glossy, golden waves.

Our breathing grew synced and it was soon so quiet that I could hear our hearts beating together. She looked so young, then. And free from her troubles and sorrows.

"I wish every moment could be like this one." I said in a quiet voice.

"So do I, dove. So do I."