Sleepless Nights (Darkiplier)

You lay on your bed, exhausted but unable to sleep. You turned to your right and looked at your alarm clock, wondering how many hours you've been laying on your bed, wide awake.

5:45

"Agh, crap," you groaned quietly, rubbing your face. You had work tomorrow, too!

As you tossed and turned in your bed, you suddenly felt the bed move beside you. You stopped moving, listening for another sign of movement.

Shifting. Sighing. Your heart pounding in your chest. The blankets were pulled off you slightly, and you tugged it back on gently. A grunt, which turned into a quiet groan.

"What's wrong, babe?" you heard, the deep voice made even lower by the grogginess and the fact that he just woke up.

"I-I didn't know you were up," you whispered.

"I am now. What's wrong?" your boyfriend asked again.

"I just couldn't sleep," you answered, turning around and looking into Dark's ebony eyes. They were slightly glazed over with tiredness. You could see his bare chest rising and falling with each calm breath he took. His sharp, pearl-white teeth gleamed whenever he let his lips part slightly, from the moonlight seeping in from between the half-closed curtains.

"It's alright, babe. Just come closer," he offered, wrapping his cool arms around you. You shuffled closer to him, and heard his slow, deep breaths. "Sleep," he sighed.

"It's hard, th... though," you mumbled, yawning in the middle of the sentence.

"Not as hard as you thought, huh?" he chuckled softly, moving you so your head was just under his chin. He slowly moved his fingers in circles on the small of your back, calming you. He knew exactly what to do to make you feel better.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)," he murmured in your ear.

"Night, Darky," you breathed, slipping your eyes closed and immediately falling asleep.

=========================

Word count: 305