Confidentially Public (Darkiplier X Markiplier X Shapeshifting!Reader)

Suggested by: PerkyElf, LibraConstellation, and _XxKittyKitKatxX_.  Popular one, huh?

=======================

The second after you closed the door to Mark's house, you let out a long and silent sigh of relief. How did he not suspect anything after what just happened?

Well, beggars can't be choosers. If Mark didn't know, then you would take that with a smile. On the other hand, you were very curious as to how Darkiplier knew your powers. Maybe one day you would ask him. But as of now? You were perfectly fine with what you had at the moment.

A month or so later, you woke up in your bed, and started thinking. Your curiosity was overtaking the rest of your common sense. You needed to know how Dark knew about your shapeshifting powers. But in order to do that, you probably had to ask Mark for him to come out, and in doing that, you would be telling him that you knew he existed.

It would be a good idea.

Of course it would be, but how much would it affect your friendship with him?

He would understand.

Would he?

Shaking your head, you banished the thoughts that fuelled your worry. You needed to know. No matter what. If Mark started hating you because of it, then so be it.

It wasn't the first time someone you cared about left you.

So, after getting dressed and brushing your teeth, you stepped to your neighbor's door, and knocked on it.

"Erm, hey, (Y/N)!" he said after opening the door and realizing it was you.

"Sorry, am I interrupting anything?" you asked sheepishly.

"No, no, it's fine. I have a bit of time to spare. Amy's coming over soon, but it's nothing urgent," he told you, opening the door wider to let you in.

"Okay, thanks." You stepped inside, but stood by the doorway as he sat on the couch.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit tense," he said, looking up at you cautiously.

"No, I'm fine. It's just that I need to ask you a favour, and I need you to not question it."

"Uh... just as long as you don't ask me to murder anyone, fine," he smiled.  You chuckled halfheartedly.

"I, uh... I need to talk to Dark."

"Why?" he immediately asked, looking shocked.

"I told you not to ask! It's important, I promise!" you pleaded.

"I told you that I wouldn't question as long as it wasn't murdering anyone! Getting Dark out is practically the same thing!" he snapped, turning around and walking away. Then he stopped suddenly, and turned back to you, his eyes wide. "How do you know he exists? He was supposed to be something temporary for a video."

You visibly flinched; you didn't know how to reply to that.

"Mark, it's complicated, but please. You just have to trust me," you begged, but he just shook his head, looking distraught, if not straight up angry.