You Scared Me (Markiplier)

You sat on the couch, scrolling down YouTube looking for something to watch while being bored out of your mind. It was about four in the morning, but you were too lazy too go upstairs to sleep. You would probably sleep on the couch. Mark, your older brother (by a year), was upstairs, sleeping after a long day of hanging with Amy, Kathryn, Tyler and Ethan.

"(Y/N)! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Mark suddenly screamed, sounding hysterical. You jumped up from the couch and sprinted upstairs.

"Mark? What's wrong?" you asked, panicking. Mark's head shot out from your room, and he sighed in relief, running to you and gripping you in a tight bear hug. His muscles were tense.

"I'm glad you're okay," he whispered in your ear.

"Mark, what's wrong? You scared me," you muttered, hugging back. You could feel his lungs spasming with shaky breaths.

"I had a stupid nightmare. I... I'm just glad you're still here," he answered vaguely, obviously still shaken up.

"Come on. Let me make you a cup of hot chocolate, and you can tell me all about it, alright?" you told him, filling up with sympathy. He nodded, tears leaking from his eyes as you led him downstairs and to the couch.

When you handed him the cup of the drink, with extra marshmallows, he looked down at it.

"I should be doing this for you," he muttered.

"What?" you inquired, confused.

"I should be giving you hot chocolate when you get scared. I should be hugging your nightmares away," he whispered. You sat beside him, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Mark, it's fine. I haven't had a nightmare since we were kids. It's you I need to worry about, Markle Sparkle," you smiled, poking his nose. He chuckled weakly, and took a sip of hot chocolate. "Now, what was your nightmare about?"

"I... I had a knife, and I was hurting you. You were screaming. I couldn't help you, couldn't stop myself. It... i-it was s-so real." He choked on his breath, more tears falling on his lap. You wrapped your arms around him, ruffling his hair.

"You need to lay off on the Darkiplier vids, alright, dude?" you said. "It's messing with ya."

"Alright," he nodded, sipping the drink.

"Alright, bro," you sighed. He smiled weakly, leaning back with you.

"Alright, (Y/N)," he mumbled, closing his eyes as you took the mug from his hands, placing it on the coffee table in front of you. Soon, Mark drifted off to sleep again, and this time, you stuck around to make sure that he had a good dream.

=======================

Word count: 436