On A Cold Winter Night (Fireplier)

Date: January 3rd

Day 10

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As Fire grabbed a blanket, you were walking down the stairs after just having taken a shower.  You zipped up your sweater as your head turned towards the window that looked to the dark street outside.

"It's blizzarding outside," you murmured as you looked out the window to see a flurry of cold, white snow piling up on the ground outside.

"It looks freezing," Fire said, sneaking up behind you and wrapping his arms around your waist.  His lips brushed against your temple as he gave you a longing kiss, and then looked to where you were looking, which was still outside. "Luckily we're in here."

"Luckily," you echoed, and turned so that you were facing Fire. "Is everything ready?"

"Almost.  Just waiting for some stuff to finish cooling," he said, motioning towards the kitchen and the snacks that he prepared for movie night.  On the coffee table in the TV room was a small stack of Christmas movies, ranging from those old Christmas shows they put on TV for kids to "Home Alone".

"Alright.  Once that's done, we can officially start our Christmas movie night!" you cheered.

"And it's just the two of us," he smiled, pressing his lips into the crook of his neck.  You kissed his cheek, and the two of you stayed like that for a while, in a blissful peace.

Then the lights went out.

"I wonder what happened?" Fire grunted, letting go of you.  In the darkness, you could barely see his hand open up in front of him, and his fingertips went alight with a small, flickering flame.  The two of you made your way to the TV room, and he sat you down on the couch.

"Where are you going?" you asked.

"I think the snow got the power out.  I'm just going to find some candles to hold us over until someone can get the lights back on," he answered, and went to the basement to find some candles.  His palm was swirling with a bright red flame as shadows danced along the walls from the fading light of the flames.

You waited for a bit as you heard him scavenge around in the pantry downstairs, but then you shivered.  That was when you realized that along with the power, the heat was also down as well.  And it was slowly getting colder in the house the longer the power was out.

"Fire?  Are you almost done?" you called to him from where you were sitting, wrapping a thick blanket around yourself.

"Yep, just taking them out of the package," he grunted, walking back up the stairs as you heard a tearing noise.  The couch dipped beside you, and then slowly, flames were being lit and placed in front of you.  You could just barely see the faint outline of Fire sitting beside you cross-legged.

"There we go," he nodded in affirmation and turned to you slowly as you shivered. "Are you alright?"

"It's getting a bit chilly in here," you said, stuttering slightly.  He smiled and wrapped his arms around you as you lay on his legs.

"How about I warm you up?" he asked in a low voice.

"That would be nice," you answered, smiling.  He lay with you on the couch, and a sudden warmth spread down his body, warming you thoroughly.

"Thanks," you whispered, and snuggled into his arms.

"Sorry we didn't get to watch those movies," he said. "I know you're busy, and we don't have time tomorrow.  I guess we'll just have to watch them next year."

"Eh, I don't really mind," you replied, shrugging your shoulders. "We've already watched half of those, and I think that this is just as good, anyway."

"What?  Freezing on a cold winter day while waiting for the power to come back on?" he scoffed.

"Staying warm in your arms," you just said, making him smile.

"You're too cute, love," he whispered, giving you an Eskimo kiss, and the candles on the table flickered, matching the pounding in your heart as the long night went on.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Word count: 677