Coffee and Laughter (Markiplier)

You walked to the coffee shop in the early morning, needing something strong before a long day of work. You ordered your favourite drink from the coffee shop a few blocks down from your house, and started walking to work, like you always did. Putting on earbuds and strolling down the beach, you looked at the gorgeous sunrise just across the water. You stopped to stare at its beauty, and sighed, smiling at the simple wonder.

"Oof!" someone ran into you, making your drink spill from your hands and right onto your outfit. You screamed in shock and pain, the hot drink burning you.

"Oh, crap! I'm so sorry!" the man sputtered, crouching down beside you and trying desperately to wipe off the drink. You stayed silent, staring at the liquid soaking into the material. "Are you okay?" the stranger asked.

"I... I'm fine," you muttered, getting up.

"Okay, good," he sighed in relief. "Let me help you." He ran to the coffee shop, then came back with both hands full of napkins. You giggled at his clumsiness as the napkins slipped from his fingers, falling to the street. He tried picking them up, but stopped when he started dropping even more.

"It's okay, really," you told him, taking the tissues from his hands.

"No, no, it was my fault. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," he insisted. You looked up at his face, curious about who this person exactly was, and your jaw dropped.

"Markiplier?!" you exclaimed. He looked at you, and smiled.

"Uh... hi," he acknowledged.

"Hey, I... w-what are you doing here?" you asked, staring at his face.

"I was just taking a jog, and I got distracted by the sunrise," he explained sheepishly. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine, I know how you feel," you sighed.

"Hey, come to my house, I can get that cleaned up for you," he offered.

"It's fine, I have to get to work," you told him, staring at your office building, just a street away.

"In that," he scoffed. "Just tell them you'll be a few minutes late. I'll be quick," he said, taking your wrist and guiding you to his house.

"So... you watch my videos, I guess?" he chuckled after a while of walking.

"Uh... yeah, I do," you nodded, walking through a park. He was silent as he walked up to his place and unlocked his door, leading you in.

"Here, you can change into this while I wash your stuff. It might be a bit big, but it's the only thing you'd want to wear," he said, tossing you a red t-shirt and black shorts. You thanked him, and went into the washroom to change.

The shirt hung a bit past your hips, and the shorts were past your knees, but you didn't mind. It was comfortable.

"Thanks again, Mark." You grinned at him, and he chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"No problem. The washer should be done in a few minutes. Here, my phone. So you can call in late," he offered, taking out his cell phone and handing it to you. You took it with a smile, and called your boss.

A few minutes here wouldn't be too bad, after all.

=====================

Word count: 538