I Can't Handle You (Child!Glitchsepticeye X Adult!Reader)

Suggested by: UndertaleLover45678.

=======================

"Glitchsepticeye, get back here!" you called, searching for him throughout the house. After looked in the TV room, you saw him hiding behind the couch. He jumped up, dodging past you and running up the stairs to the second floor.

"No! Go away!" he shouted, slamming the door to the guest bedroom, or his bedroom, for the time being. You groaned in frustration, wondering what you did to deserve this punishment. You wanted to give Glitch back to his brother, Bing. But you couldn't. He was off with Google doing some sort of rewiring for his body, Anti was crashing at Dark's since the "incident", and Jack was Jack, who had a job and important things to be doing. You, on the other hand, apparently didn't, because when Bing came to you to ask for help babysitting the young child Glitch for the weekend, you agreed.

You regretted that.

It was the second out of three days, and you were on your last nerve. Glitch refused to cooperate, always screaming and kicking, refusing to eat your food, not doing anything you asked him to. He also almost tried to run away once, a few hours into your job, but gratefully, you had seen him trying to climb out of the window. You tried asking him, reasoning with him, but nothing. There was nothing you could do, because he refused to listen and you refused to call Bing to complain. You didn't want to seem incompetent, therefore, you were at a standstill.

"Glitch, come back down here please. Dinner's here," you repeated in a quieter voice.

"No! Go away." You sighed, and kept standing by the door.

"Glitch, open the door please," you pleaded quietly. "You have to have dinner."

"No, I don't!" he yelled.

"You're going to get hungry, Glitch. Please. Come out." When you didn't get an answer, you just held your head in your hands, starting to feel a headache coming on. After a few minutes, you just decided to leave a plate for him on the kitchen counter if he got hungry in the middle of the night, or something. You walked back down the stairs, sat at your dining table, and started eating by yourself.

In the middle of the night, you woke up and heard shuffling on the wooden floorboards. Slowly, you opened the door, and saw Glitch creeping down the stairs, looking around cautiously. He didn't want to get caught.

"Hungry?" you asked, making him jump and nearly fall off the stairs.

"No. I was just... just...." He stammered for words as his face became red. You took a deep breath, straightening your posture.

"Look, Glitch... I'm sorry if I'm not the best at caring for you," you apologized, making him stop trying to talk properly. "And I know I'm not the best at looking out for you, but I just want to know... why can't you at least pretend to like me?"

He stayed silent, his head hung in what looked in shame.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," he finally sighed, taking you aback. You never thought you would hear those words come out of his mouth. He rubbed his arm, looking bashful. "It's just that... I'm not good with people, and especially not strangers. And when Bing came up to me and said I would be staying with you... no offence and all, but I don't know you as well as he does." He rubbed his eyes, and you realized he was crying. Filled with pity, you knelt down beside him, and wrapped your arms around him.

"Shh, shh, Glitch," you whispered, "it's okay. I promise, you can trust me."

"I k-know. You've been so nice to me, but I was just scared that... Bing wouldn't come back for me." He covered his eyes, his shoulders shaking as he cried quietly. "I just... I really love my brother, and it was like he was ditching me."

"He'll come back for you, Glitch. He's not leaving you with me. He's your brother, silly," you chuckled, switching on the light. He blinked a bit as his eyes adjusted, and he hugged you back. "I'm not gonna keep you away from him."

"Okay, (Y/N). I'm sorry for being annoying," he apologized as you picked him up. You brought him downstairs, and sat him on the counter.

"It's alright, buddy. As long as we see eye to eye now, right?" He nodded, and you gave him a midnight snack of cookies and milk. It was better than the crappy dinner you had ordered anyways.

In the morning, you and Glitch had a really fun time. You went to an arcade and played until your eyes got tired, and watched movies and ate popcorn.

"See, Glitch? I can be fun!" you chuckled, ruffling the little boy's head as he took a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"Yeah, youw gweat, (Y/N)!" he said, kernels and small pieces of popcorn flying from between his lips. You smiled at him, and checked the time. 5:43. Bing would come over to your house at 6:00 to pick Glitch up. Ah, how time flies when you're having fun....

"Alright, buddy. Let's head home now. Bing should be picking you up soon," you told him, leading him to your car.

"Aw, but (Y/N)! I want to play with you more!" he whined, looking sad as his lips jutted out in a pout. He looked so childish and cute like that, yet you almost reminded him about what happened yesterday, but stopped yourself. Good thing you did, too.

"It's alright, bud. I'll make sure Bing doesn't hog you all to himself," you said, driving home. "I think the family's meeting this Wednesday because of an announcement Dark had to make or something," you told him, smiling.

"Really? That means I get to see you again? Yeah!" he cheered, popcorn flying everywhere. His cheeks got red. "Whoops." You laughed at his clumsiness.

"How was Glitch?" Bing asked when he got to your home, and knocked on your door. The little robot smiled up at you, and you smirked,

"He was just a little angel."

=========================

Word count: 1014