Blue Like Me (Emoplier)

It's been three months... I should get over him....

But I still love him... he just doesn't love me back....

I wish I didn't know him....

Three months since your ex-boyfriend broke up with you. It was devastating for you. You thought there was something special. It was perfect, when you were with him. But then he said he saw this girl at the coffee shop.

And your whole life started spiralling down from there.

He started talking to her. Got her number. Started talking with you less and less. You tried everything to get him to stay with you. You were desperate. You talked to him constantly at school. But it still wasn't enough. He broke up with you, and moved on quickly with the girl from the coffee shop.

So, as any normal self-conscious teenager would do in a normal teenage breakup, you did the most common thing anyone else would do.

Drown yourself in ice cream.

So, as you were stuffing rocky road ice cream into your mouth from the tub, your phone buzzed. You didn't want to talk to anyone. You barely spoke at school, didn't really do anything except catch yourself staring longingly at the new couple.

But, your phone kept buzzing, over and over, with constant text messages. So, with a heavy sigh, you picked up your phone, wiping away the tear stains on your cheeks.

Cmon, lets go outtttt

plsss

shoppingggg

cmon cmon cmon cmon

It was your best friend, Jamie, who was there for you since forever. But you didn't want to see anyone. But if you didn't do it now, you weren't sure if you ever were going to.

Alright

Fine

yasss

picking u up in ten

You forced yourself up from the couch, and shuffled upstairs. You couldn't do much with your shaking hands, so you didn't put on any makeup... not that you had the energy to. So you changed out of your sweatpants and hoodie, and into something just slightly nicer. You were just going to the mall, so you put on a t-shirt and a fresh pair of sweatpants. Who was going to judge you? Sweatpants were comfy.

When the doorbell rang, you opened the door, and your friend pouted at you, seeing the poor state of you.

"It'll be okay, (Y/N). He doesn't deserve you," Jamie whispered, hugging you tightly.

"Yeah. Sure. Okay," you sighed, and she led you to her car.

At the mall, you followed your friend almost as if in a trance, dragging your feet on the floor and slouching as she talked about clothes and other stuff, trying stuff on and picking out clothes that you respectfully declined.

"Hey, Felix!" your friend suddenly called. You looked up, and saw a group of boys that Jamie talked to often. You suspected that Jamie liked one of them, but you couldn't be too sure.

"Hey, Jamie," Felix, a blond-haired blue-eyed boy smiled. There were four other boys with him, a brown, curly-haired one named Tyler, a green-haired boy with bright blue eyes with the name of Jack, one with dyed blue hair named Ethan, and the last one, black hair falling over one eye, named Mark. His nickname had always been "Emoplier" though, because he always seemed to be sad and moping. I guess you couldn't really judge him, considering what you were going through at the moment.

"How's Emo doing?" Jamie asked, smirking at the black haired boy. He looked up at you, his mouth turned down into a permanent frown.

"Meh. How he usually is," Tyler nudged the sad boy, and he pulled his lips into a forced smile.

"Hey." His voice was croaky, like he had just spent the last half hour crying. he waved at you, and you waved back, looking down sombrely. There was some silence as Emo stared at you for a bit, then spoke quietly,

"I heard what happened with you and... him. I'm sorry."

You shrugged. "It's fine."

"He doesn't deserve you, you know. He can't see the beauty he just left," he continued. You looked up, blushing, but he looked away, silent now as his hair dangled in front of his eyes once more.

"Hey, I have an idea. How about this? Emo, give (Y/N) your number, and you could get in touch? I think he could help you out, huh, (Y/N)?" Jamie suggested. "It couldn't hurt." You shrugged.

"Why not?" you sighed, your voice a quiet mumble. Emo looked at you, then at his friends. Then he shrugged, and pulled out a piece of paper, scribbling his phone number on it, then handing it to you.

"Here. Uh... I guess I'm free any time?" he shrugged.

"Thanks... or something." As you put it carefully in your pocket, you saw a peek of a real smile jump at Mark's pink lips.

"Yeah. My pleasure... or whatever."

=============================

Word count: 806

Sorry that this was a bit short.