Cold Jealousy (Iceplier X Fire Powered!Reader)

Suggested by: FighterKitty.

==========================

"You're impossible!"

"Thick headed buffoon!"

Argument after argument, living in this house. Ironically enough, the man with ice powers was the most hotheaded, and loved to start fights.

Especially with you.

"I'm sick of your crap, Iceplier! You just really love pissing me off, don't you?" you barked, clenching your fists. You were this close to breaking the man's nose.

"Maybe if you wouldn't be so secretive, I would listen to you a bit more!" he sighed, rolling his eyes as a light snowfall drifted from his hands.

"I keep telling you not to go into my room, Ice! You don't ever even remotely pay attention to me!" you retaliated, banging your fist into the wall on your right. The snow from Ice's fingers turned quickly into a hailstorm. Little ice balls were clattering to the tiled floor, either melting or breaking instantly on contact.

"I listen to you, (Y/N)! Of course I do!" he exclaimed, his brow furrowing in anger.

"You don't even want me in this house! Your brother had to convince you to let me stay when Mark asked the two of you!" It was true. You were around seven when your parents got into a car accident, and didn't make it. You didn't have any other family other than your uncle, Mark, and he asked Ice and Fire to take care of you. Not because he didn't want to take care of you. It was because you had something he didn't.

Fire powers.

Your parents knew about it, of course, and they loved you dearly. Your nickname was "Spark" just because when you were asleep, you once accidentally set your blanket on fire. It didn't burn down the house, but you needed to get a new crib after that.

So, it was natural Mark would bring you to his alter-egos that knew a thing or two about fire powers; that being Fireplier. He lived with his twin, Ice, but the two of you never got along, even when you grew older.

"I didn't want you to stay because I-" He stopped talking, and looked away, looking frustrated. "How about you just go to your room, (Y/N)?"

"You're not treating me like a child again, Ice!" you growled, stomping your foot on the ground.

"I'm treating you like one because you act like one!" He pointed upstairs. "Go to your room, now!"

"Kiss my ass, Snow Boy! Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot but not for me to point it out?" You stormed up the stairs and slammed the door into your bedroom, and collapsed on the bed.

You couldn't stand Fire's brother. The two brothers got along fine, but you only liked Fire.

Mindlessly, you watched as fire grew from your fingertip, flickering in and out of existence when you blew on it. You weren't thinking about much. You were mostly just tired of arguing with the person you lived with.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" a man's voice asked as there was a knock on your door.

"Who is it?" you asked gruffly.

"It... it's Ice," the voice replied. You groaned loudly, and turned around so your face was planted into your pillow, but mumbled,

"Come in."

"(Y/N), I... I want to say I'm sorry." You heard his feet knock against the floorboards as he walked into your room. "I know I can be a bit of a jerk to you sometimes, and... I don't know. I guess I'm just...."

"You're just what?" you sighed, not really wanting to hear what he had to say.

"I'm jealous, (Y/N)," he finally blurted out. You looked up, staring at him confusedly.

"Why?"

"I... it's just that... when Mark brought you to our front door all those years ago... Fire instantly took to you. And with you here, I stupidly assumed that you would take my place," he admitted. His face was red with shame, and he hung his head in embarrassment.

You just couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "Ice, why would I do that? The two of you are brothers, for crying out loud! I could never replace you!" you exclaimed, standing up.

"I-I know. It's just that... you're so likeable and all, and sometimes it just feels like you're stealing my brother away from me."

"Steal your broth- Iceplier! I'm your niece, you bumbling idiot!" you scoffed. "All I want to do is play video games with him, not ride away into the sunset with him!"

"Shut up, you." He stuck his tongue out, and crossed his arms.

"Ice...." you smiled, calming down now. "You're paranoid and annoying. But I have to live with you. So... stop being jealous, you conceited, over-bearing, maddening prick."

He smiled, but what came out of his mouth was, "Oh, I'm sorry, was I supposed to be offended? The only thing offending me is your face!"

"Come on, Ice, think of better comebacks than that. You'll never be the man your mother was."

"You know, I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to reach my head that far up your ass."

"Y'know, I was hoping for a battle of wits, but you seem to have come unarmed."

"Oh, yeah, please. Keep talking. I always yawn when I'm interested."

"Kids! Stop arguing!" Fire called from downstairs. You and Ice started laughing for a long time. You never knew you could have this much fun with someone like him.

"I'm sorry again, (Y/N)," he managed to say after the two of you stopped laughing.

"It's fine. Even though you're an arse sometimes, you're not too bad," you chuckled.

"Oh, are we really going there?" He raised an eyebrow warningly, but in a joking manner.

"What if I am?" you asked, closing your eyes and sticking out your tongue. Then you felt something freezing smash against your face. A snowball.

"Then you'll get this!" Ice threw another small snowball, which you quickly melted with your powers.

"Oh, no fair! I can't even fight back!" you whined, knowing that if you tried, you'd probably just end up hurting him. You couldn't exactly make harmless fireballs.

"Well then you'd better run!" He aimed, and threw at you, which you managed to just barely duck, and run out of your room.

"Leave me alone! What have I ever done to you?" you squealed as snow hit the back of your head, falling under your sweater.

You and Ice had an indoor snowball fight for the rest of the afternoon, and you were happy you finally got to spend some quality time with him. Finally.

==========================

Word count: 1085

This is the fiftieth one-shot! Thank you for reading all of these. ^-^ This one's half crappy, but I hope you forgive me. I haven't had the best weekend, and my emotions have been screwed up since, like, Tuesday. So, yeah. The next one will probably be coming out in a bit less than a week, I think?

So, yeah. Uh... stuff. I feel really messed up right now.