Affection (Markiplier)

Suggested by: SophiaReichert

Part two to "Distraction".

=======================

Two years.

It's been two years since you've walked out on the love of your life. But you've been making it work. You had a steady job working for a large company, and you had a dog. You hadn't watched Mark's channel since, but you probably assumed he had moved on.

Life was good.

You were walking down the aisle of the supermarket while restocking on food for the next week, when your phone buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number.

I'm sorry.

And you knew exactly who it was.

Sorry can't change anything, you typed, then sent.

You broke my heart.

I didn't mean to, though.

It doesn't matter what you meant, Fischbach. You still did it.

Just hear me out, ok?

At that, you sighed and rolled your eyes. This was the reason you had deleted his contacts from your phone. He kept trying to beg for forgiveness, and you were so sick of it. But....

Fine, whatever.

I never meant to say any of that to you, (Y/N). I loved you then, and I love you now. I was planning something big for my fans, with everyone. Bob was gonna fly over and do a big act, we had everything sorted out. I was just a bit stressed, because we were getting so many people for this video. And in doing that....

I pushed you away. And I never even realized. And I'm sorry.

Because I was being selfish and rude and uncaring.

I was thinking about how big and grand I could go with my channel, when I realized

How much I should be making you happy.

I care about my fans, (Y/N), but I love you.

And I promise, you were never a distraction for me, sweetheart.

I love you, and I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to hurt you.

I miss you.

I miss your hair that smells like lavender and that shampoo you use.

Your bubbly laugh whenever I screw up.

The times you look at me, and I know that I'll be safe in your arms.

When you console me after a sad time, and when you deal with my crankiness after a bad day.

I miss what we had.

I love you.

So much.

And then, you started crying. You never realized how much you missed being with him. His warm smile, his deep laugh, the times you woke up crying because of a nightmare and he was there to calm you back to sleep. You missed the deep breaths you heard when he was asleep, and you missed his hand on your arm when you were laying on his lap while watching a movie. When you could sit on his lap while you helped him edit his videos, when you got to see Ethan, Tyler and him goof around.

You missed him.

Do you forgive me?

You nodded, but then remembered that he couldn't see you.

Yes.

He took a few seconds, then replied,

Good.

Because I never want to see you cry again.

Btw, you always forget to grab the milk.

You looked around, startled. How did he know you were shopping?

Not quite. Turn to your left.

You turned, and there you saw him. Standing with his phone clutched tightly in his right hand, tears streaming down his face, he was smiling at you. He typed something up, and your phone rang again.

So... are you free tonight?

=======================

Word count: 529